which Wv team shows up | Syracusefan.com

which Wv team shows up

upperdeck

Living Legend
I think that matters more than which SU team shows up..

WV played one good quarter vs Marshall. Trailed Norfolk at the half. Let Maryland almost come back from a 24 pt deficit.

or the team that threw for 500 vs LSU but also turned it over 4 times then blew out BG early.

or the team that led uconn 10-9 at the half..

they have played some pretty poor stretches this year, but they can explode with multiple big plays pretty quickly too..

one thing we do know they only time they really had to play hard well into the 2nd half was vs maryland and almost blew it..

without 4-5 To's can we really slow them down with the big plays we seem to allow? will the 25-30 we score be enough?

It's the explosions that scare me. As you say, they are capable of playing terribly mediocre ball for long stretches. It's the 500 yds passing vs. LSU that scares me. Our secondary is...um...a work in progress. Need more pressure up front. It will be difficult for us to win without a couple of forced turnovers (while obviously not turning the ball over ourselves).

It's the explosions that scare me. As you say, they are capable of playing terribly mediocre ball for long stretches. It's the 500 yds passing vs. LSU that scares me. Our secondary is...um...a work in progress. Need more pressure up front. It will be difficult for us to win without a couple of forced turnovers (while obviously not turning the ball over ourselves).

I agree with this. I don't think WVU is unbeatable, I'm just nervous that they can go from playing average to playing great really quickly.

The WVU pass protection is very suspect but since Smith is so mobile he makes it tough to keep the pressure on ... he alone has extended numerous plays long enough to allow wide receivers to get open ... that is why they are racking up so much in the air ... hopefully our quicker DEs give him fits like they did last year.

agree, they can go from playing horribly to playing great in a heart beat and can also score 21-28 points in a freaking hurry, they kind of remind me of the old Bobby Petrino Louisville teams that did that a lot.. We could be up 14 at half and still lose by 21 points no problem.

Marrone needs to come up with a plan on offense that is succesful first half and then when WVU counters and adjust also be able to adjust again to be productive. Syracuse will need to score 35 points minimum probably 42 to win... Try to slow things down too much and you will get a game like UCONN did versus WVU

We need to drive the ball. Atleast 2 first downs a drive would be nice. Even if we drive 50 yards and have to punt thats not to bad 6 straight 3 n outs will kills us. They cant expect to be even close if they think they can hang our defense out on the field for 90 plays a game. Also the Defense needs to get some 3rd down stops.

Key 1. First downs
2. get some 3rd down stops

uconn would have been in good shape had they scored Tds and not FGs. at the time of the fumble return, the TD they were about to score would have put them up 14+

we have shown the same issues though. we cant get the tough yards and had to settle for FG's at bad times of games.

Hopefully the WVU team that was down at MD, not the WVU team that looked pretty good against LSU

They looked really good against LSU... I hope for a competitive game Friday night and will be ecstatic with a win. Go CUSE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom