Whigham and Miami thought | Syracusefan.com

Whigham and Miami thought

PhatOrange

Living Legend
I don't think people realize what a huge deal it was to keep JulianWhigham in the fold. Here's a kid who was the Sun Sentinel defensive player of the year and lives about 80 miles away from Miami. They give him an offer and put the heat on him to flip and he didnt. Unbelievable get. South Florida is obviously Miami territory and unless it is FSU/UF they usually get their kids. They dont lose to schools like Syracuse. Never.

When is the last time Syracuse beat Miami for a South Florida kid? answer above. Great job by the staff here. Would like to know who was responsible for this get.

When is the last time Syracuse beat Miami for a South Florida kid? answer above. Great job by the staff here. Would like to know who was responsible for this get.
Based on the last couple years, I would guess it was Shafer. Couldn't find the answer in a cursory search, including his profile on the SU website.

Not only did we beat Miami, we beat Al Golden and his staff in the midst of a monster recruiting year for them.

I don't think people realize what a huge deal it was to keep JulianWhigham in the fold. Here's a kid who was the Sun Sentinel defensive player of the year and lives about 80 miles away from Miami. They give him an offer and put the heat on him to flip and he didnt. Unbelievable get. South Florida is obviously Miami territory and unless it is FSU/UF they usually get their kids. They dont lose to schools like Syracuse. Never.

I would be more impressed if Miami was on him early and Whigham decided to remain Cuse.

Didn't Miami offer Phillip Thomas? Or maybe there was just interest?

I thought it was Florida State, no?

I just found this quote.

"Thomas said when he was a senior at Miami's Edison High School, he went to see the movie "The Express," which chronicled former Syracuse running back Ernie Davis' life. Just days after he saw the film, Syracuse defensive coordinator Scott Shafer came to Edison on a recruiting trip. Thomas took that as a sign and committed to the Orange, staying firm as his hometown Hurricanes made a last-minute offer"

I just found this quote.

"Thomas said when he was a senior at Miami's Edison High School, he went to see the movie "The Express," which chronicled former Syracuse running back Ernie Davis' life. Just days after he saw the film, Syracuse defensive coordinator Scott Shafer came to Edison on a recruiting trip. Thomas took that as a sign and committed to the Orange, staying firm as his hometown Hurricanes made a last-minute offer"

See those people who say the Express has no bearing on kids choices are wrong. It probably doesn't help most of the time but if it helps just some of the time...yahtzee! Kid made the smart choice. Miami signed two safeties, one being a four star; and 5 corners one being a five star.

Wilkes had an FSU offer when he chose Syracuse. Not exactly the same thing, but sort of.

I would be more impressed if Miami was on him early and Whigham decided to remain Cuse.

Some say Miami didn't give him a written offer and it was real late and depended upon a couple other kids. They signed 8 DB/S's so that is a lot and they got in mid January the 1 kid they were afraid of not getting but I forget his name.

He is one of the kids I was worried about flipping and I like the fact he wants to be in Syracuse for more than just football.

He is my favorite player in this class. I think he is going to be real good.

Some say Miami didn't give him a written offer and it was real late and depended upon a couple other kids. They signed 8 DB/S's so that is a lot and they got in mid January the 1 kid they were afraid of not getting but I forget his name.

Right Bees. So not only did Miami come in late without a possible written offer, but it seems their was adequate depth in that position already. It only makes sense for Whigham to stay with Cuse.

Right Bees. So not only did Miami come in late without a possible written offer, but it seems their was adequate depth in that position already. It only makes sense for Whigham to stay with Cuse.

an offer is an offer. if the staff lost him you'd be crucifying them for that to.

adequate db depth i think remains to be seen. 33 kids means a lot are not going to qualify.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom