Whispers..Stealth...all Good for ACCN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Whispers..Stealth...all Good for ACCN

I loved all this reallignment stuff when it mattered to where we would end up. Now I don't care anymore unless someone says the ACC is going away and we're a free agent again. The chairs may be moved around a bit in the coming years but I don't anticipate us going anywhere for a while.

I'm much more interested in who the next AD is. That decision has ramifications for my only Syracuse touchpoints at this point: Football and Basketball. Shallow I know.

Yeah, the realignment stuff is a bit stale now and even back in 2011/2012 it was a subject beat to death by lazy sports writers. I do care quite a bit about the ACC network though. Watching the Syracuse games on AppleTV has its fair share of problems.

This. Appreciate that you are staying on top of this issue, but enough with the un-necessary drama and repackaged info. This post is essentially the same as the previous dozen.

December 2014: ACC Network is happening...trying to fit in ND...stealth ninja...new format...2016...good to be cuse

February 2015: ACC Network is close...ND working with NBC...stealth ninja...digital format...2016...good to be cuse

Today: ACC Network in final stages...ND/NBC/ESPN discussions...stealth ninja...21's century layout...2016...good to be cuse

Block who you do not care to read!

In last post i indicated:

ESPN, ACC, and Raycom are not negotiating in public...among themselves and/or other partners.
HOWEVER, IT IS MOVING TO THE CLOSING STAGE...

Also, keep in mind Notre Dame, NBC etc and potential expansion. The potential change in CCG and divisions is important so don't down play; don't believe the ACC proffered it as just to help the Big 12. There are a number of moving parts--and those parts are about to bring in some not typical partners and associates...
1. Notre Dame and NBC...heating up and does make a strange bedfellow for ESPN...
2. SECN...talks have been ongoing...could be a bigger surprise than #1.
3. Projected time frame remains mid to late 2016-signed and sealed.

The outline of the ACCN is just about done...the noise outside is nothing more than that.

Keep the course it is all moving forward and it will be AWESOME!

It's Good to be 'Cuse! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange...

arbitragegls, Apr 22, 2015

Now I will just say it is getting closer...keep the course...read between the lines and remember the STEALTH SIDE continues to whisper...finally the Ninja has something to say:

So what is next? The ACC continues to look for ways to market its football footprint and get the word out. And while shouting from the highest rooftop works for some, the league is looking at a more advanced, 21st century way, like creating an ACC Network.

“When a conference has its own channel there’s more opportunity for non-live programing that is building a perception of the league and getting the facts of what your league has accomplished on a more regular and ongoing basis,” Swofford said. “That’s one of the appeals of going the channel route and why we have an interest in fully evaluating that as we move forward in terms of what’s next.”

http://seminolepost.blog.palmbeachp...and-the-cfp-committee-an-acc-network/#__feder

the wait is worthwhile...remain calm not because you must; but because the coming together is really going to be big..

...and it is moving forward. It no longer is a discussion whether possible...it is now very viable...the ACCN is near announcement...the time frame we have discussed is on target.
The Ninja has finally let the ACCN out of the bag saying today it is very viable. The purchase of non ESPN media rights is on the way from Raycom and Fox...

Here are some of the key points...the Stealth side will be filling in the blanks in time:

Look for the following in the next few days and weeks:
1. Media announcement that ACCN is viable--from Swofford
2. Buy back proceeding
3. Look for ESPN/Raycom to be part of the ACCN
4. Begin to think of Fox role in selling back rights...what does Fox get from ESPN
5. What happens with Notre Dame as a part of the ACCN-announcement coming soon
6. Look for a statement on SECN and ACCN

Prediction for ACCN to rollout: mid 2016 to early 2017...bank on it.

...and it is moving forward. It no longer is a discussion whether possible...it is now very viable...the ACCN is near announcement...the time frame we have discussed is on target.
The Ninja has finally let the ACCN out of the bag saying today it is very viable. The purchase of non ESPN media rights is on the way from Raycom and Fox...

Here are some of the key points...the Stealth side will be filling in the blanks in time:

2. Buy back proceeding
4. Begin to think of Fox role in selling back rights...what does Fox get from ESPN

The ACCN will be a dud. I just hope the conference invests very little in it financially. There is no market for said network.

The ACCN will be a dud. I just hope the conference invests very little in it financially. There is no market for said network.
Really, really...and you know this how...the ACC is investing quite a bit after lots of research, discussion and format...do you know what the ACCN is going to comprise...I would want to know that before making that remark.

I was thinking this too as I read it. Unless an SU team is playing on the BTN, I just skip right past it when scrolling channels. Nothing interests me less than non-live B1G sporting events. I would rather watch the Hallmark Channel.

They have the best women's volleyball coverage.

I think coverage of SU has regressed on network/cable and been supplanted by the internet...which unfortunately still isn't comparable in quality. I would like our resident expert to forcast if this trend will reverse or will we end up with less coverage of all games. Thanks from the left coast.

2. Buy back proceeding

Yeah what does happen to Notre Dame

Really, really...and you know this how...the ACC is investing quite a bit after lots of research, discussion and format...do you know what the ACCN is going to comprise...I would want to know that before making that remark.

i think its going to comprise of a bunch of ACC athletic teams games, which really has no market and will likely cause it to fail.

it will make for a nice regional overflow network though.

found a picture of arbs ninja...see, he does exist!!

Beverly-Hills-Ninja-ps04.jpg

I, for one, appreciate arb's updates. It's clear that he does have an inside connection and that he is walking the line between providing a source of inside information and protecting his source and the confidentiality that surrounds this matter. Keep it coming arbs and much thanks.

I, for one, appreciate arb's updates. It's clear that he does have an inside connection and that he is walking the line between providing a source of inside information and protecting his source and the confidentiality that surrounds this matter. Keep it coming arbs and much thanks.
I guess I am on the other side. I read them and can't, for the life of me, figure out what bit of information isn't already reported in national news. If he could highlight the parts that are new or substantive, that would help us. I think that could be easily done with no risk of "outing" sources.

I always find it pretty clear what he knows that's not reported along with him filling in the blanks with links and info from sources confirming things he's said in the past.

I'd rather him post that not post.

I always find it pretty clear what he knows that's not reported along with him filling in the blanks with links and info from sources confirming things he's said in the past.

I think the blanks get filled in when something is reported by national news.

ESPN has been cutting costs because of the rights fees have been exploding and they have been Cutting on air talent costs. I hope the ACC realizes ESPN is listening to Disney and their board on caring about profits.
Unless the ACCN can be profitable off the bat ESPN won't do it.

ESPN has been cutting costs because of the rights fees have been exploding and they have been Cutting on air talent costs. I hope the ACC realizes ESPN is listening to Disney and their board on caring about profits.
Unless the ACCN can be profitable off the bat ESPN won't do it.

I don't think that is necessarily true. Disney realizes there are start up costs to any new venture, but I do believe that if there isn't a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow they will bow out. Disney also realizes that in the college world that the ACC has been it's largest provider of live sports content for a long long time.

I don't think that is necessarily true. Disney realizes there are start up costs to any new venture, but I do believe that if there isn't a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow they will bow out. Disney also realizes that in the college world that the ACC has been it's largest provider of live sports content for a long long time.

Not sure this is true. I guess you would have to define the parameters of "live sports content" and "a long, long time." If you mean football and men's bb games shown on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU I think the Big East (when it had both sports) would be equal if not superior in amount of content shown on those networks overall, slightly behind in football but likely way ahead in terms of bb games. Keep in mind Disney/ESPN only recently got ACC bb in 2011. Prior to that they were buying games from JP/Raycom. From 2011-12 onward, I would think the ACC probably gained on the Big East in number of bb games shown, but probably did not become the leader in bb games shown on those networks until SU, Pitt, and ND joined the league in 2013-14.

Cheers,
Neil