White addition moves us from 8th to 4th in this pre-season prediction... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

White addition moves us from 8th to 4th in this pre-season prediction...

That's a real weird one. I wonder if the gimmick of them being twins helped their ranking? (I'm only half joking here...)

I remember the buzz about DeShaun Williams's younger twin brothers when he was here. People seem to get carried away with the idea of a good player who comes with his own carbon-copy. Kind of weird.

UVA is bringing 5 guys back who played for them last year, plus a top 10 recruiting class that includes 4 guys in ESPN's top 75, and Austin Nichols, who was a a pretty solid player for Memphis.

True, but we are bringing back three key pieces from last year's FF run in Lydon, Roberson, and Coleman, plus Howard, plus Chukwu and what would our recruiting class of Battle, Thompson, and Moyer be rated if it also included White and Gillon?

But as others point out in the Top 25 thread, more value is rightfully being given to the Cavs regular season than our FF run. No thought is being given to the fact our regular season last year was unusual to say the least in terms of the 9-game suspension and the lack of quality front-line depth that forced Lydon to play out of position the entire season - problems that will not be there this upcoming season.

Ultimately it will be decided on the court, where UVa has had our number except for the Elite 8 game last year. I think that game showed JB how to beat UVa, and this year we actually have more depth and better players to execute that game plan.

Cheers,
Neil

I remember the buzz about DeShaun Williams's younger twin brothers when he was here. People seem to get carried away with the idea of a good player who comes with his own carbon-copy. Kind of weird.
Are the best twins ever Horace and Harvey Grant? Twins, right?

True, but we are bringing back three key pieces from last year's FF run in Lydon, Roberson, and Coleman, plus Howard, plus Chukwu and what would our recruiting class of Battle, Thompson, and Moyer be rated if it also included White and Gillon?

But as others point out in the Top 25 thread, more value is rightfully being given to the Cavs regular season than our FF run. No thought is being given to the fact our regular season last year was unusual to say the least in terms of the 9-game suspension and the lack of quality front-line depth that forced Lydon to play out of position the entire season - problems that will not be there this upcoming season.

Ultimately it will be decided on the court, where UVa has had our number except for the Elite 8 game last year. I think that game showed JB how to beat UVa, and this year we actually have more depth and better players to execute that game plan.

Cheers,
Neil

Sure, I was really on responding to the point that we definitely had more quality depth than UVA. That's not evident to me.

I think it's flip a coin between the two teams right now.

... I think that game showed JB how to beat UVa, and this year we actually have more depth and better players to execute that game plan.

Cheers,
Neil

1) Have Malachi do Amazing Malachi Things
2) ?
3) Win!

The regional final outweighs every UVa loss we've had (I was too young to remember the tournament loss in the early '80s), but I'm resigned to the fact that Tony Bennett's going to beat Boeheim 7 or 8 times out of 10. It's just one of those mismatches; I'm glad we caught lightning in a bottle in March.

1) Have Malachi do Amazing Malachi Things
2) ?
3) Win!

The regional final outweighs every UVa loss we've had (I was too young to remember the tournament loss in the early '80s), but I'm resigned to the fact that Tony Bennett's going to beat Boeheim 7 or 8 times out of 10. It's just one of those mismatches; I'm glad we caught lightning in a bottle in March.

No, speed up the game to disrupt both their offensive and defensive flow. UVa doesn't like to be rushed. This year's team is more likely do that with Gillon and Chukwu than last year's team with G and Coleman.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom