White/Gillon Q and A | Syracusefan.com

White/Gillon Q and A

GooseMutt

All Conference
Recent article provides insight on their perspective of our problems. Very supportive of the coaches and system. Players recognize what is wrong with zone defense right now and want to transfer their off court chemistry to the game. Players expressed desire to play more unselfishly and want to focus on playing for one another. They also mentioned playing the zone was like being on a string where all parts must move in sync. One mis-step and zone is flawed. They seem happy to be here. Wish them luck.

Biggest takeaway for me was how both commented how tight this team is off the court. While I'm not a big chemistry guy we've seen teams with off the court problems fall apart at least partly because of issues having nothing to do with basketball. There have been rumblings here and elsewhere that similar problems might be percolating but the strong comments from the two transfers puts that to rest for me.

Biggest takeaway for me was how both commented how tight this team is off the court. While I'm not a big chemistry guy we've seen teams with off the court problems fall apart at least partly because of issues having nothing to do with basketball. There have been rumblings here and elsewhere that similar problems might be percolating but the strong comments from the two transfers puts that to rest for me.
It shouldn't have put that to rest for you.

I also was initially encouraged by their comments on chemistry, but I started thinking it might be better to hear the thoughts of some of the returning players to see if they agree. That being said, I have absolutely no insider information - just what I have seen on the court so far.

Biggest takeaway for me was how both commented how tight this team is off the court. While I'm not a big chemistry guy we've seen teams with off the court problems fall apart at least partly because of issues having nothing to do with basketball. There have been rumblings here and elsewhere that similar problems might be percolating but the strong comments from the two transfers puts that to rest for me.[/QUOTE]
But what else would you expect them to say.

Well, they could say thoughtless crap, so at least they are understanding the desirable thing to say. They're not talking trash. I am glad for that!

thing is, there are on-court "chemistry" issues, which the team clearly has - and off-court "chemistry" issues, which the team does not seem to have - certainly possible to have one without the other :noidea:
And who gives a f about off court chemistry issues if it doesn't affect on the court performance

Well, they could say thoughtless crap, so at least they are understanding the desirable thing to say. They're not talking trash. I am glad for that!
That was my point, beadle. They were smart enough to not give the media, and us, something to chew on.

20236479-standard.jpg

Surely, I'm not the only one to see how Battle and Howard treat JB.

It shouldn't have put that to rest for you.

Ugh, can you elaborate dasher? Too many new faces? Feels like it's either the pieces don't fit, or the pieces don't like each other...

Ugh, can you elaborate dasher? Too many new faces? Feels like it's either the pieces don't fit, or the pieces don't like each other...
IMO, the pieces just aren't very good at defense and rebounding against decent college basketball teams. At least so far.

Don't think any player is going to bash the system and coaches to the media. Unless, that is, they wanted to ride the pine. They are going to say chemistry is great also. Kinda sad we have gotten to the point that we use Q&A's from the players as hope of this season to turn around rather than the on court improvement and product. I would love to see this team make me eat loads of crow, but I just don't see it happening this year for numerous reasons

Where is the proof that they lack off court chemistry?

Where is the proof that they lack off court chemistry?

You usually don't need players only meetings if everyone gets along. That should've been hint numero uno.

Don't think any player is going to bash the system and coaches to the media. Unless, that is, they wanted to ride the pine. They are going to say chemistry is great also. Kinda sad we have gotten to the point that we use Q&A's from the players as hope of this season to turn around rather than the on court improvement and product. I would love to see this team make me eat loads of crow, but I just don't see it happening this year for numerous reasons

Not taking this as hope for a turnaround, and unless highly edited it looks like a lot of the comments regarding how close the team is off court were basically unsolicited. So you can take that at face value or you can construe it that things are so bad W&G are conspiring to cover it all up. I'll go with the former.

That being said the lack of execution on the court is what needs to be addressed quickly - offense against M2M, defensive assignments in the zone and pathetic rebounding both positioning and effort. And I don't buy into any theory that players don't execute unless they are BFFs off the court.

'Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.'
Sun Tzu

i wi
The on-court performance.
l'll go out on a limb and say now that the cards are on the table, (and i do believe there are locker room issues) jb will now do his best coaching. i thought he would stop starting white, although scoring he was not productive as a team player, within jbs system. i could be all wrong but i expected that tt would emerge. jb seems to me he does his best when he up against the wall---and he(we)are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom