White helmets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

White helmets

While I don't care for white helmets I wouldn't object to a white helmet with an Orange block "S" and wearing white jerseys with Orange numbers like we had in the McNabb and Orange pants. I hate the blue in our football jerseys GIVE ME MORE ORANGE and less BLUE. Use that color of Orange(below) on the road jerseys and change the piping from the McNabb era to the piping we use now.
images

White helmet with an orange S on one side and a navy NY on the other for one or two games per season...

Yeah, I can't stand it when the guy who obviously doesn't know better says he wishes we would wear blue unis as if we never have. . We've worn them like three times in the modern era and been embarrassed every time. Keep them away!

During the Lee/Wadach/DuVal era we wore blue away every game - we wore blue as we got to the 1975 Final Four in San Diego.

No white (or blue) helmets ever! Stay with the Orange helmet and Orange pants. And I too miss a little blue in the basketball uniforms.

During the Lee/Wadach/DuVal era we wore blue away every game - we wore blue as we got to the 1975 Final Four in San Diego.
Good call. But hasn't been very user friendly of late.

I'd actually like to see what doing the ol' platinum job, like basketball unis, would look like on the football uniforms. Think the NY Giants, but with orange instead of blue. I think it would probably work better on a football uniform--basketball uniforms seem to work better with less flash.

Do you know something or are you just speculating?
I posted long ago that the plan was an alternate uniform for the PSU game. The Oregon connection in the AD office being the driver.. Plans can change, but as of earlier this year, it was the plan...

I posted long ago that the plan was an alternate uniform for the PSU game. The Oregon connection in the AD office being the driver.. Plans can change, but as of earlier this year, it was the plan...

White helmets vs a team that wears white helmets may not be the best move.

Listen I love the discussion, but we are talking about something that won't happen. I have been beating the AD drums about Orange uniforms for 5 years and nothing has happened. I don't think we will ever wear white helmets even though against some teams not Penn State they may look. We are going to be wearing our White jerseys, with Blue font(which I hate the blue and wish it where Orange), Orange pants, and Orange helmet. We are boring same old Syracuse and until we get somebody in charge of the program i.e. the head coach who cares about this stuff nothing is going to change. I love SS but he doesn't care about the uniforms just like DM before him. If we win enough games I won't care either, but I would like to see some variety when basically everyone in the nation outside of Alabama is doing something.

We really need Project Runway for these unis ... maybe TGD could get on one of his many phones and arrange that for us.

I apologize for not knowing your background. Do you work for the athletic department or know someone that does?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom