Whitehurst | Syracusefan.com

Whitehurst

TheSpaz

2nd String
On another site it mentions that Tashon Whitehurst is being pursued by the Iowa Cyclones. I don't have a subscription so I don't know the details but he sure didn't give the Orange a full-out commit when he verballed. Hopefully we can keep him as he looks to be a great athlete.

ISU or the hawk eyes? We should be able to beat out ISU

it doesn't say anything we didn't know already. he'll be taking visits.

Tough call on this guy. If he plays lights out and has/does put on about 15-20 pounds before signing day, ACC schools will be all over him and even a couple SEC schools might start showing interest. If he doesn't, then we accepted a verbal commitment from a kid that is still very raw. My hope, the kid plays like a rampaging beast, but doesn't put on a pound.

the fact that we're still putting the full court press on a half a dozen highly touted linebackers as well as some under the radar guys makes me not really think much about this soft committment. He'll take his visits and maybe defect. Then again the flip side is that maybe we can get a few kids who are better.

On another site it mentions that Tashon Whitehurst is being pursued by the Iowa Cyclones. I don't have a subscription so I don't know the details but he sure didn't give the Orange a full-out commit when he verballed. Hopefully we can keep him as he looks to be a great athlete.
Isn't Whitehurst the recruit who originally lived in Syracuse, or has close family here? The kid looks terrific, even playing MLB at his weight, but he'll wind up at OLB. At 6'3", 190, he's a weight room project, that's for sure. Obviously, that's why some of the bigger programs have stayed away. I think the staff is willing to wait a couple of years for this kid to grow into his body, he has the skill-sets. If he does bolt, we have Corey Griffin visiting and an offer to dark horse, Josh Glanton, both FLA LB prospects. And then there's possibly Abner Logan. I don't think we're done taking LB just yet.

Isn't Whitehurst the recruit who originally lived in Syracuse, or has close family here? The kid looks terrific, even playing MLB at his weight, but he'll wind up at OLB. At 6'3", 190, he's a weight room project, that's for sure. Obviously, that's why some of the bigger programs have stayed away. I think the staff is willing to wait a couple of years for this kid to grow into his body, he has the skill-sets. If he does bolt, we have Corey Griffin visiting and an offer to dark horse, Josh Glanton, both FLA LB prospects. And then there's possibly Abner Logan. I don't think we're done taking LB just yet.

Agreed and considering our LB recruiting over the past few years, I'm not very worried if we lose a LB recruit. Spruill, D. Davis, Lynch, Vigille, M. Davis, then Coker and Diabate for depth, plus Washington, Owens, and Parson in this class. And some think Shu Mungwa is a LB lying in wait. We'll be fine, with or without Whitehurst.

I think that it shows that Marrone and his staff are continuing to do a good job evaluating and I wouldn't be surprised that if a lot of AQ schools are watching to see who SU offers and takes a look at a kid they are recruiting.

We made TJ Neal's top 5 and he's supposed to visit here at some point. Also, DeSean Rippy, he's likely slated for a visit as well.

We made TJ Neal's top 5 and he's supposed to visit here at some point. Also, DeSean Rippy, he's likely slated for a visit as well.

Yep, just more fuel to the fire. If you're flaky on your commit, we have plenty of other options at LB. Maybe Whitehurst should give a call to Harmon Brown, ask him how things turned out with his recruitment last year.

Need more news on these two! Matt? :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom