whitner and emerich | Syracusefan.com

whitner and emerich

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
ive been out of touch and missed 1st H of game, what happened to these guys? thx

Post Standard article this past week..

Syracuse, N.Y. — During Syracuse football's first practice this week, redshirt senior center Jason Emerich suited up in full pads with a shoulder brace.

Unfortunately for the two-year starter, it quickly became apparent that Emerich wasn't healthy enough to pl
ay.

so which oline guy got hurt early last weekend? I know Palmer got hurt late

dont think any did. and I believe Byrne played pretty well in his first start at center.

Byrne had a minor injury, but came right back in.

Wonder how much of the improved run blocking had to do with Byrne.

I think some of it was based upon that. Our interior that started the season really struggled to open holes. Looked a little better last week--can't be a coincidence. The OL still has a ways to go, but I'd say that Byrne is a step in the right direction [nothing against Emerich].

I think some of it was based upon that. Our interior that started the season really struggled to open holes. Looked a little better last week--can't be a coincidence. The OL still has a ways to go, but I'd say that Byrne is a step in the right direction [nothing against Emerich].

That may be true. I think USF was committed to stopping the pass in the 1st Q, so the numbers were ripe for the run. They wanted to believe their line could get pressure and stop the run with minimal defenders committed.

It kind of worked, but Strickland was getting enough that they were forced to play it different.

Louisville's DLine could do that, so USF thought they'd try. Not the same personnel.

Will be interesting to see the run game this week where the talent is tilted more in our direction.

without asking coaches directly it could also be that some tech was changed/tweaked/applied or even that the kids blocked it better, it might be just a dline thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom