Who’s going to the Barclays Center games? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who’s going to the Barclays Center games?

8255FE90-B6AA-49F8-A88D-CE505CADB368.jpeg

Not exactly a capacity crowd ...hoping fills a bit for Syracuse

Yeah, as everyone knows by now, the crowd was extremely small. In fact, the fact that there were so few tickets sold created an unusual dynamic -- there were no scalpers. In essence anyone that bought a ticket actually used it, so there were no tix "on the street". But the tix at the box office were very reasonable -- Bayside44 referenced the really good tix in the 67-87 range, but I bought the $27.50 ticket ($30 with fees) and just moved over to midcourt (lower tier) to sit with some friends.

Usual good time pre-game at McMahon's -- mostly Cuse fans there and ran into Bayside44 and Barbara B (they told me CTO had been there earlier). Will be back at the bar pre-game on Friday (5pm at the latest). What will be funny on Friday is that the consolation game will have more fans than the Championship game -- who is going to stick around to see Ole Miss vs Ok State at 9:30pm? Perhaps Eli Manning?

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

I didnt like the environment at all. I found that it lacked the energy of last year's MSG game, and because the team played so badly, it was flat all night. That crowd was small but was probably 60% syracuse for game 2...maybe 20% OSU and 20% other folks. It could have been decent. But it felt so cold and antiseptic.

As an aside we were the only 4 people in 114. Like, the entire section.

I am probably taking a break from these NYC things. It used to be a chance to see our team play and often well against a quality opponent. I historically have come to Syracuse for football but not basketball due to unpredictability of the weather. And with these NYC games, the worst thing we had to worry about historically was whether the win would be viewed as a "home" game. But its just not fun to deal with the cost and headaches of tolls, parking, tickets, dinner, and everything else to see us perform like this.

Bringing the family tomorrow. Debating if it’s worth paying the egregious fees from Ticketmaster or better off waiting and buying at the window? I assume $27.50 tickets will be available until game time.

Thoughts?

Bringing the family tomorrow. Debating if it’s worth paying the egregious fees from Ticketmaster or better off waiting and buying at the window? I assume $27.50 tickets will be available until game time.

Thoughts?

I don’t even think I saw an usher. You can likely buy whatever is affordable and move to where you want to sit. We had a decent amount of fans but didn’t get the impression people were going back tomorrow after that.

I don’t even think I saw an usher. You can likely buy whatever is affordable and move to where you want to sit. We had a decent amount of fans but didn’t get the impression people were going back tomorrow after that.
Agree. We were there and ushers never checked tickets. I had a buddy there earlier this week at Wisconsin game and he moved up court side. Just buy cheapest seats and sit wherever. We could have had an entire row to ourselves in 23 or next section over if we desired.

The box score said attendance was 4114. That’s alarming. I figured at worst it would’ve been around double that.

Bump...Anyone going tonight?

Of course! Who wouldn't go see the boys -- much more of a novelty now that we don't play in the Big East. The game still counts and this is arguably the second best team we have played this season. And it's our old rival Penn State! It has been a while but this is the 106th time we have played them in hoop. See you at McMahon's no later than 5 -- will leave Manhattan as soon as the Gongaza/Michigan is over (quick trip on the Q train).

By the way, you can make a good argument that it is actually a bigger game now as opposed to if we had won -- if we still want to have hope of snagging a Tourney bid, generally you need one or two good non-conference wins. Beating Penn State and Iowa would be a great start!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom