Who are the remaining targets headed... | Syracusefan.com

Who are the remaining targets headed...

corpjet

Board Prophet
into the early signing period?

The number of scholarships left is all over the board, how many more guys do you think we get verbals from in the next week or so?

Based on everything I've read I could see 4-6 or something like that.

I doubt we fill all the spots available for two reasons: First, the coaches might not be sure of all possible attrition, but that is unlikely and just a guess; second, they might leave a few openings for late signing period, grad transfers, late/hidden gems or JUCOs. But I think that number will be very small if the staff is happy with who they get up front.
I think there will be much more excitement than hand wringing!

Priorities before this early signing period are probably Issac, Robinson, Samuel Ok, Tisdale, then everyone else I would guess. Those guys would fill the biggest glaring needs, also possible that we have moved on from Robinson as every indication did not seem to be in our favor.

Priorities before this early signing period are probably Issac, Robinson, Samuel Ok, Tisdale, then everyone else I would guess. Those guys would fill the biggest glaring needs, also possible that we have moved on from Robinson as every indication did not seem to be in our favor.

Stranger things have happened but I'd be floored if Robinson still came here. His recruitment has had the feel of looking for bigger and better things all along. He had multiple opportunities to commit and flirted with it but didn't. He's been flirting with Colorado and Missouri and now with the Michigan offer, I just don't see it.

I do think we'll see a High School DT for the early signing period. I'm bullish on Tisdale and Isaac just because of how those recruitments have evolved. I think we'll also see one of the WR/ATH's, so that's why I'm going 4 at a minimum.

Let's plug in the numbers.

Currently there are 15 Verbals. 69 players are eligible to return. We know that there will be some attrition to that number. I think maybe 4. That would mean there would be spots for 5 more commitments.

There are four known OVs schedule for this weekend and currently two for next weekend...Adisa and Smart. According to Dohn Tisdale is an SU lean. Then it's just a question of who out of the other 5 scheduled ovs commits. And do they save a spot of Brothers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom