who are we still waiting on? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

who are we still waiting on?

Rocco said:
Ward is a done deal. Ishmael is an Orange lean, but Louisville coming at him all-in.
Isn't that the opposite of a couple weeks ago? I guess there are no done deals.

Last edited:
#Hardnosed said:
I personally believe that Ward is coming to Cuse and has told the staff so.. If it was still unsure where he would be going, wouldn't the staff be scrambling to find another O line recruit as a plan B? Ever since he left campus on for his OV the staff hasn't reached out to any OL. I would personally be surprised if he doesn't put on an orange hat on Wednesday.

Perhaps but we also dont need to take another oline just for the sake of it. Numbers look fine but we want Ward because he looks like a very good prospect.

Ishmael, Ward and Samuels? Anyone else I'm missing?
I couldn't be happier for the CUSE this weekend along with the recruits we bagged over a great to be an SU fan weekend. What a performance by JB and the team as well as Coach SS and his team. I am ecstatic we picked up Thomas. Anyone missing Jason now? BOL to him, but what a class of LB's this group brought in as well as WR and QB as well as across the board once we get Ward, Samuels and Ishmael or at least 2 out of three. Maybe this group has another surprise as well in store for, SS and the team that is. couchburn

Why do you say that?A number of red-shirts? I suppose thats true for some positions.
Might we have to send someone to prep school or possibly worried about some of the kids qualifying? We had a couple of major injuries as well on at least 2 players, maybe the prognosis doesn't look good? I'm sure the staff is doing the right things for the kids and was just wondering what you guys have heard on our major injury candidates at this point.

True but I do like the ones SU has signed in the past few years.

No, you're right. Just pointing out how we don't have the exigent circumstances to overcome this year that we had the last couple of years.

No, you're right. Just pointing out how we don't have the exigent circumstances to overcome this year that we had the last couple of years.

I agree with you SS...it is nice not to have to sign a player to try to fill holes and being more selective due to interest from HS prospects.

Another great thing about not having to sign JUCO's, is high school players who are late developer's, you have a few years to work them into your system.

This class is a shot across the bow. Sonic boom won't hit for a while, but when it does everyone will notice.
Yes, a shot across the bow of New York State kids! We are moving on with or without you. Yes, you high school coaches, parents and players... time to come on board and look to central NY for school where things are a happening!

Yes, a shot across the bow of New York State kids! We are moving on with or without you. Yes, you high school coaches, parents and players... time to come on board and look to central NY for school where things are a happening!

Just to continue the whole boat theme, I think you're completely overboard with this sentiment.

A far cry from filling spots with JUCO's after Signing Day.
Agreed but ya gotta admit we've had some stud juco players play for us. I forgot which one it was that had that huge hit during the nc state game, I think it was Luke. Man he got so pumped up started getting everybody on the sidelines hyped up love kids like that man deffinatly fits the mold of a shafer defense ! hell he even made me wanna run through a brickwall just like I heard a halftime speech by Scott shafer. Honestly shafer could give a speach about puppy's and I'd prolly get so hyped up id fight a bear with a fork and straw lol!

zjscuse said:
Agreed but ya gotta admit we've had some stud juco players play for us. I forgot which one it was that had that huge hit during the nc state game, I think it was Luke. Man he got so pumped up started getting everybody on the sidelines hyped up love kids like that man deffinatly fits the mold of a shafer defense ! hell he even made me wanna run through a brickwall just like I heard a halftime speech by Scott shafer. Honestly shafer could give a speach about puppy's and I'd prolly get so hyped up id fight a bear with a fork and straw lol!

I'm encouraged that both JUCO's and freshman have shown they can play - meaning our guys are good at evaluating talent.

I'm encouraged that both JUCO's and freshman have shown they can play - meaning our guys are good at evaluating talent.
I'm particularly happy with what we got out of Z-Jones career here, and also with the contributions from Luke and Kirkland last yr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom