Class of 2016 - Who Commits This Weekend? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Who Commits This Weekend?

Think we actually get everyone. Might have to wait for the last two but...

So, given that, I'd have to imagine that we'll be telling several of next weekend's OV crew that there is no longer room for them at the #DomeDude Inn?

Who of the remaining options do we want the most?

Props to Dino and crew for their efforts - just KILLING IT so far.

So, given that, I'd have to imagine that we'll be telling several of next weekend's OV crew that there is no longer room for them at the #DomeDude Inn?

Who of the remaining options do we want the most?

Props to Dino and crew for their efforts - just KILLING IT so far.
Yep. Not sure if we have more than 3 or 4 visitors next weekend. Depends if we want another DE.

I would think Jerrion Nelson would be a definite, then what about Josh White and Malik Harrison. Then you have Drew Beesley outside looking in I think. Also what with Reese if wants in?:noidea:

Could Carl Jones be asked to Grey-Shirt? Kid committed early, but has a long way to go physically...

I would think Jerrion Nelson would be a definite, then what about Josh White and Malik Harrison. Then you have Drew Beesley outside looking in I think. Also what with Reese if wants in?:noidea:
Josh White is the priority. I think they take him as the last DE if he wants to commit. If not, then I think they will take Beasley if numbers allow. Nelson is a backup and not coming here. Harrison is OSU bound. Or will be soon...

You have to make for room for Reese if he chooses to come tho.

Nelson - Out
Harrison - Out
Beesley - Out

We still have room for the 2 from this weekend and 2 from last weekend, and then maybe White. He might be our only visitor next weekend.

I don't follow recruiting...at all. But it seems as though I read the same posts every year about how everyone is so excited about the recruits coming in and how the staff is killing it. How is this year any different? Is it irrational exuberance, or, is the staff for sure "killing it"?

Could Carl Jones be asked to Grey-Shirt? Kid committed early, but has a long way to go physically...
I don't think they would have given him a commitable offer if that was the case.

I don't follow recruiting...at all. But it seems as though I read the same posts every year about how everyone is so excited about the recruits coming in and how the staff is killing it. How is this year any different? Is it irrational exuberance, or, is the staff for sure "killing it"?
The last 3 years we've killed it. Fruits of the coaching staffs' labors will start to show on the field this year and next.

But for a staff to come in and totally crush it in less than a month is incredible. We've only kept 5 of Shafer's recruits and built a whole class.

OburgOrange said:

This class is like a lot of past classes but this is what I said in another thread.

This class will be on par with most of our classes over the past decade. BUT, what makes it a good class is it is in a coach transition year. Shafers first class was in the 70s I think and I remember Marrones being in the 100s. So this staffs starting point is much better. With a full year next year is when we should see much better class rankings.

The last 3 years we've killed it. Fruits of the coaching staffs' labors will start to show on the field this year and next.

But for a staff to come in and totally crush it in less than a month is incredible. We've only kept 5 of Shafer's recruits and built a whole class.

It's a benefit to bringing an existing head coach and the majority of his assistants/staff. The strategy is Try to grab the best of your previous class and get back in touch with the guys who liked you but weren't committing to a MAC school.

Next year will tell me how good these guys are recruiting against peer schools.

Not to mention at the same time they have set in motion a awesome start for 2017 and 2018.

Not to mention at the same time they have set in motion a awesome start for 2017 and 2018.
Monroe seems as if he knows everyone in Florida with all his offers in the last 2 weeks to 2017 + 2018 recruits. He must have been waiting for a Power 5 seat for some time, he came in got some decent players in a short time. Unlike the previous hot shot Florida guy, where most of his guys didn't make it.

Monroe seems as if he knows everyone in Florida with all his offers in the last 2 weeks to 2017 + 2018 recruits. He must have been waiting for a Power 5 seat for some time, he came in got some decent players in a short time. Unlike the previous hot shot Florida guy, where most of his guys didn't make it.
Let's make sure all our guys this year make it too...

Supposedly 12 recruits on campus, 3 of which have already committed (Coleman, Heckel, Servais).

Of the 9 remaining guys, who is the most likely to commit?

RB Jo-El Shaw COMMITTED
DE Josh Black COMMITTED
DE Jaquwan Nelson COMMITTED
WR Devin Butler COMMITTED
S Evan Foster COMMITTED
LB Rashad Smith COMMITTED
LB Tim Walton COMMITTED
OL Michael Clark COMMITTED
DT McKinley Williams COMMITTED

Top 4 guys plus Walton are probably the most highly sought after. Any 3 of those 5 and I would be happy. I would say Foster is a likely commit, as is potentially Smith. The bottom two may or may not have offers at this point in time.

Pretty sure nobody saw this coming.

Congrats to the staff. Impressive performance.

Now let's get some wins on the field in 2016.

Only two to visit this coming weekend... would like to see both commit.

Reese and Cooper are the only two that have officially visited that haven't committed. And then we have Killins and White this weekend.

Would be nice to see us land all 4 of them, and then flip a QB from somewhere. There has to be a quality recruit that fits this offense that is available in the current staff's recruiting territories. I know they tried with the Kentucky commit, maybe they try again there. Hope they have a QB up their sleeve.