Who does UConn hire to replace Ollie? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who does UConn hire to replace Ollie?

He just turned on the fanbase. His time is almost up.

Hurley could be a candidate to replace Coach K and you think he would take the UConn job?
UConn can’t afford the Rutgers coach.
Wouldnt be permanent. Why not build the nyc/connecticut/nh recruiting ties?

Uconn’s more or less a launch pad conveniently located. Duke would still take him upon request.

Wouldnt be permanent. Why not build the nyc/connecticut/nh recruiting ties?

Uconn’s more or less a launch pad conveniently located. Duke would still take him upon request.
Bobby Hurley isn’t taking a rebuilding job after rebuilding Arizona State. He would leave for a destination job.
UConn isn’t a destination job.
It’s turning into the UNLV of the 90s.
UNLV was once one of the top programs in the country but poof they deteriorated and aren’t the same anymore.

Rollie Massinino left Villanova for UNLV.
UConn isn’t getting Bobby Hurley his brother could be a candidate but as Dasher said I am sure he will look elsewhere. If Willard left Seton Hall I Think Danny Hurley would look there.

Over/Under on P5 coaches who would in a heartbeat leave their school to join UConn in the AAC?

I'll start at 62 coaches...am I too low? They do play in the XL and Gampel...those are Meccas.

Plus you wouldn't be 2nd fiddle to the football team...only the women's team.

Over/Under on P5 coaches who would in a heartbeat leave their school to join UConn in the AAC?

I'll start at 62 coaches...am I too low? They do play in the XL and Gampel...those are Meccas.

5,065 witnessed their big win over UCF a few weeks ago. Joint was jumping!

I have the NBA coahces over / under at 26.

We can be frustrated here but man the UConn program has fallen hard. Marsh must like it.
Ollie is probably DOA.

Who can they get?
Danny Hurley from URI?
Steve Pikiell from Rutgers just got paid.
Jim Calhoun out of retirement?
Tom Crean?

Their halfcourt offense makes our half court offense look professional.
unfulfilled in his desire to shiv our own coach, alsacs sets out in pursuit of others

We can be frustrated here but man the UConn program has fallen hard. Marsh must like it.
Ollie is probably DOA.

Who can they get?
Danny Hurley from URI?
Tom Crean?

Clearly the best candidate is Jake Voskuhl

That's "Civil ConFLiCT" to you, thank you very much.

Much better name than Iron Bowl, World's Largest Cocktail party, etc.
Bob Diaco a marketing genius...a great American for giving us Civil ConFLiCT

Bob Diaco a marketing genius...a great American for giving us Civil ConFLiCT
Yep - his lasting legacy at UConn.

Since he's currently unengaged, maybe he can head back to CT and serve as an assistant or something. Seems as if Civil ConFLiCT would be worth that, at least.

He just turned on the fanbase. His time is almost up.

That would really annoy me as a fan. I realize we’re going through a rough patch, but my guess is we’ll be on the bubble again. Our worst years we’re still a bubble team. They were under 500 last year and might be this year. Can’t blame the conference since that isn’t bothering Cincinnati, SMU or Wichita.

Ollie is probably DOA.

Who can they get?
Danny Hurley from URI?
Tom Crean?

Like or hate him, Calhoun was a really special coach. Took a nowhere program in the middle of nowhere who had absolutely no right to become a national power and transformed them into a national power.

The odds of replacing a Calhoun with another Calhoun were microscopic. In the absence of another really special coach, given their location, their league, their facilities etc., they are simply coming back down to where they should be.

Townie

Not me.

But there are several people on here that seem to believe they are smarter and know more about BB than JB anyway in terms of who to play, how long to play them, who and how to recruit them and what offenses and defenses to run.

It's shame all that talent can't be put to use somewhere positively to build a program instead of just carping and trying to show how smart they are.

Does that shoe fit?

You KNOW things are very, very bad for you when Rutgirls starts looking like the more attractive college basketball program.

liotta-laugh-goodfellas.jpg