Who gets the loudest applause on senior night

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
A) Dajuan Coleman
B) Tyler Roberson
C) Andrew White III
D) John Gillon III
E) Doyin Akentobi-Adeyeye

I didn't know they honored 5th year guys.
Last year Gbinijie and Cooney were both 5th year guys who got honored. Coleman was a 4th year guy but didn't get honored. I guess we should start calling it "last year of eligibility night" but like Shark pointed out, Christian White was honored even though he was transferring. So I am assuming all five of the above will be honored.

Last year Gbinijie and Cooney were both 5th year guys who got honored. Coleman was a 4th year guy but didn't get honored. I guess we should start calling it "last year of eligibility night" but like Shark pointed out, Christian White was honored even though he was transferring. So I am assuming all five of the above will be honored.
I wouldn't count Slient G and Cooney in the same situation as White and Gillon.

I wouldn't count Slient G and Cooney in the same situation as White and Gillon.
No, but yes. You either support 5th year guys and guys in Orange or you don't. I'm very appreciative of what they've done. One is the leading scorer and one has personallly won a couple games and set the FT record. I wouldn't think any less of them because they were only here a year.

No, but yes. You either support 5th year guys and guys in Orange or you don't. I'm very appreciative of what they've done. One is the leading scorer and one has personallly won a couple games and set the FT record. I wouldn't think any less of them because they were only here a year.
I don't think any less of them. I just have never given it a thought that a guy coming in as a grad student would be honored on sr day. No dog in the fight. And I don't care either way. Just surprised me.

I think DJC by a large margin. I don't think the grad transfers have resonated with all of the fan base, nor has Robey. Local kid, who battled and didn't complain. I'll be standing for DJC

B, A, D, C, E

I hope Robey gets the most. DC2 is a local kid who just had bad luck with injuries; nothing he could really do about that, but Robey is a kid who's put in 4 years and weathered a ton of criticism. He's also won us a few games in that span, which is more than Coleman can say (again, not necessarily Coleman's fault).

I'll be cheering loudest for Robey.

I think Coleman gets the loudest. I think Gillon gets plenty too. Not so much because he is a "senior" but because of his heroics in some clutch games.

Last edited:
we honored a guy last year who was on his way out to be a 5th year elsewhere
raw

Screen_Shot_2013-06-07_at_12.33.20_PM.png

Coleman then Robey, who will respond by showing absolutely zero emotion.

Maybe not outwardly, it's just not who Robey is.

Not directed specifically at you - but, it's a mistake to think he won't be flooded with emotion...on the inside.

Here's hoping affect from the standing, roaring ovation and love stays with him for the rest of life.

I think DJC by a large margin. I don't think the grad transfers have resonated with all of the fan base, nor has Robey. Local kid, who battled and didn't complain. I'll be standing for DJC

My guess is Coleman, too. But Roberson's gotten huge crowd reactions for much of the year, especially after he lost his starting job. I think a lot of fans were sympathetic to him when he went into the doghouse and they responded when he'd go to the scorer's table or make a good effort play.

I hope Coleman gets a token start for Senior Day. Don't buy the argument that he'd have been a great one but for the injuries, but I do think he's earned a big applause opportunity after being such a consistent hard worker over the course of an interesting career.