Votes: 14 58.3%
  • XMas

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Neither gets drafted

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Shark58

BANNED
I've seen some discussion that Rak is playing himself into real league consideration. I'm not sure but there could also be a thread or two about Chris maybe being a one & done.

both probably profile similarly with teams looking at them as tweener/4s and we only have to look back to last year to see how a pair of forwards faired (pun and misspelling intentional). one was a senior leader who helped carry the team and had a pretty polished game, the other an unrefined youngin with upside potential.

so, this time around who gets picked first?

upload_2015-1-3_23-1-6.jpeg

McC would most likely go higher but JBs doing everything he can so it doesnt come to that and he gets McC back next yr. McC is starting to get the freshmen Dion/MCW type of treatment. JB imo is still a little irked TE and JG didnt come back. But guess what, I agree w JB, Dion and MCW left at the right time and Tyler and Jerami should have come back for one more year and so should McC. Hes not ready yet imo and neither were Tyler and Jerami, if they were ready we would have finished much stronger last year and if they were nba ready players we would have beat Dayton easily

Edit Let me put it another way that really is a separate issue from whether a player is ready or not: how did we do when Dion and MCW came back for their soph yrs? Elite 8 and FF. How are we doing with Tyler not coming back for his soph yr? Are we going to make elite 8 or FF? How good would we be if McC comes back next year? Pretty darn good....we should be very good either way but he would make us much better imo

Last edited:
McC would most likely go higher but JBs doing everything he can so it doesnt come to that and he gets McC back next yr. McC is starting to get the freshmen Dion/MCW type of treatment. JB imo is still a little irked TE and JG didnt come back. But guess what, I agree w JB, Dion and MCW left at the right time and Tyler and Jerami should have come back for one more year and so should McC. Hes not ready yet imo and neither were Tyler and Jerami, if they were ready we would have finished much stronger last year and if they were nba ready players we would have beat Dayton easily

Edit Let me put it another way that really is a separate issue from whether a player is ready or not: how did we do when Dion and MCW came back for their soph yrs? Elite 8 and FF. How are we doing with Tyler not coming back for his soph yr? Are we going to make elite 8 or FF? How good would we be if McC comes back next year? Pretty darn good...we should be very good either way but he would make us much better imo
The difference is when Dion came back we had another first rounder in Fab, two veteran guards in Scoop and Triche, senior leader in Joseph, and a rock solid 8 man rotation.

I've seen some discussion that Rak is playing himself into real league consideration. I'm not sure but there could also be a thread or two about Chris maybe being a one & done.

both probably profile similarly with teams looking at them as tweener/4s and we only have to look back to last year to see how a pair of forwards faired (pun and misspelling intentional). one was a senior leader who helped carry the team and had a pretty polished game, the other an unrefined youngin with upside potential.

so, this time around who gets picked first?

I wouldn't consider a senior with a really bad True Shooting% of 49% as a polished prospect.

Loved CJ still though.

Last edited:

Edit Let me put it another way that really is a separate issue from whether a player is ready or not: how did we do when Dion and MCW came back for their soph yrs? Elite 8 and FF. How are we doing with Tyler not coming back for his soph yr? Are we going to make elite 8 or FF? How good would we be if McC comes back next year? Pretty darn good...we should be very good either way but he would make us much better imo

Tyler and Jerami got guaranteed contracts, so they left on time. There responsibility is to themselves, not the college team that makes a large amount of money off of them.

McC will go higher. Stock is fading a little bit, but he has the tools NBA execs look for. I am confident he is going to put a lot of his tools together and be an above avg college player down the stretch.

Dion still doesn't play like he is ready for the NBA.

The difference is when Dion came back we had another first rounder in Fab, two veteran guards in Scoop and Triche, senior leader in Joseph, and a rock solid 8 man rotation.
All very good points! What first rounder did MCW have when he went to FF? If McC comes back (and no sanctions) we should be much improved next year. That assumes either Bryant comes or Coleman is effective, it also assumes Malachi is a total stud but irregardless McC would make us much better obviously. JB thinks hes not ready to move onto nba, i happen to agree.

Tyler and Jerami got guaranteed contracts, so they left on time. There responsibility is to themselves, not the college team that makes a large amount of money off of them.

McC will go higher. Stock is fading a little bit, but he has the tools NBA execs look for. I am confident he is going to put a lot of his tools together and be an above avg college player down the stretch.
I see your point of view but i dont think JB agrees w you based on his public comments. I personally think all 3 would have been better served long term in their (assumed) nba careers by coming back an extra year.

Dion still doesn't play like he is ready for the NBA.
If thats your opinion thats fine but he has made a roster for three straight years and has periodically been a starter. I hope Ennis, Grant and McC are fortunate enough to be not as ready as Dion according to you.

I wouldn't consider a senior with a really bad True Shooting% of 49% as a polished prospect.

Loved CJ still though.

never said he was a polished prospect but his game was pretty "polished" even if it fell off a bit his sr season. through the course of his career he showed inside game, outside game, a good enough handle for a 3, court vision, rebounding, D, toughness, etc. He wasn't a dominant prospect but imho he didn't have any major glaring weakness other than his ability to be "the man"

If thats your opinion thats fine but he has made a roster for three straight years and has periodically been a starter.

Yeah, but he hasn't moved Kyrie Irving to the bench yet... :rolleyes:

Cmac has a long way to go I can't think of a syracuse player who could probably hurt his potential more leaving after his first year.

If he goes to the d league he will be pushed around and have to fight his way to getting onto a nba roster, and that could 4-5 years, if ever. Especially as they will be pushing him to play pf, and he really lacks the strength.

He stays another year he will improve his strength, his dribble drive, jumpshooting, and finishing with toughness, and they will be pushing him more as a athletic combo forward who will probably be playing on a nba team as a rookie..

Hes one of the prime example of guys whos are better coming into the nba with a advantage imo. A combo forward who would be better off just using his combo forward abilities which he won't get to do if he has to work his way out of the d league.

never said he was a polished prospect but his game was pretty "polished" even if it fell off a bit his sr season. through the course of his career he showed inside game, outside game, a good enough handle for a 3, court vision, rebounding, D, toughness, etc. He wasn't a dominant prospect but imho he didn't have any major glaring weakness other than his ability to be "the man"

Disagree with the handle and court vision but all in all CJ was a very good college player. Just not NBA material.

Seriously? If Rak goes above CMac it means CMac didn't declare.

Really?

Oh Lord
Have you heard JBs public comments on McC lately? He clearly doesnt think McC is ready for the nba. Probably good advice imo. Right or wrong i thought Fab, Dion, MCW all declared at the right time. Close call, but I thought CJ should have declared as a jr. But i do not think Tyler or Jerami should have declared last yr and as of right now MCC should not leave after his freshman yr. but thats just me

Good stuff:

"If he's a lottery pick I don't how he could possibly struggle against Colgate. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I got a better chance of winning the lottery...and I don't buy tickets.

I don't think [other teams] are even playing him. I don't think they're worried about him to be honest with you. He's got a long way to go, he's just gotta work hard and work after the game and, you know, gain 20-30 pounds and he'll be a good player someday."

"I've talked to 10 pro scouts," Boeheim said. "Not one of them thought that Chris McCullough was a first-round pick. So who he's talking to? I have no idea. When you print that stuff, people read it. Parents read that."

And when he says "parents read that" do you think maybe he was referring to Tyler andor Jerami?

Last edited:
Have you heard JBs public comments on McC lately? He clearly doesnt think McC is ready for the nba. Probably good advice imo. Right or wrong i thought Fab, Dion, MCW all declared at the right time. Close call, but I thought CJ should have declared as a jr. But i do not think Tyler or Jerami should have declared last yr and as of right now MCC should not leave after his freshman yr. but thats just me

Saying he is not ready does not equate to doing everything he can to keep him here.

If he goes to the d league he will be pushed around and have to fight his way to getting onto a nba roster, and that could 4-5 years, if ever. Especially as they will be pushing him to play pf, and he really lacks the strength.

He stays another year he will improve his strength, his dribble drive, jumpshooting, and finishing with toughness, and they will be pushing him more as a athletic combo forward who will probably be playing on a nba team as a rookie..
Wait, hang on.

If he goes this year, gets drafted, and spends time in the D-League he's 4-5 years away, if ever, from getting on an NBA roster?

But if he stays another year in college he will be playing on an NBA team as a rookie?

2604c8c350d537bb08322a3ea7a94a0fcf8606b56e39ba1f62301224aa417e84.jpg

Chris will be top 15. Thats his floor. The NBA doesnt care that Jimmy has frozen this kid out. His talent is undeniable and he will get paid well.