Who in 2023 are we focusing on? | Syracusefan.com

Who in 2023 are we focusing on?

We haven’t heard too much about 2023 recruit ing. Several of our top choices seem to be looking elsewhere. We need players at all five positions again.

Go to the recruiting forum. Click on Filters. Choose 2023.

There's a whole page of 2023 recruits, 15 of which we have offered.

What a cool feature. Never knew. That’s freaking awesome.
Available on all forums. Obv, the Prefix search is most relevant on the hoops and FB recruiting forums. But you can filter on Last Updated, Thread Type, etc. And sort them in different ways.

Reid Ducharme, Joseph Estrella, Papa Kante are the guys we hear the most about. I’m also guessing trey Autry will be coming in the class assuming his dad is still here.

Reid Ducharme, Joseph Estrella, Papa Kante are the guys we hear the most about. I’m also guessing trey Autry will be coming in the class assuming his dad is still here.
Kante‘s last list didn’t include SU. He listed off several schools and not SU.

That’s a disappointing list lol

I

I guess if he had said Dj Wagner, Gregory Jackson, Justyn Edwards and Maya’s Buzzelis, it would still be a disappointing list to you.
That would’ve been a great list. Had he just put 3 rated players I probably wouldn’t have said a thing. Are you arguing that is the type of list that would field a winning team?

No, I am saying that given the Syracuse weather, the coaching sensity and the league they are, they do not get the top 10 recruits anymore. By the way, if Boeheim leaves and a new coaching staff comes in, how many of this years 5 recruits do you think will come in. The coaching staff actually does very well identifying recruits early and landing those that want to come to play at Syracuse.

No, I am saying that given the Syracuse weather, the coaching sensity and the league they are, they do not get the top 10 recruits anymore. By the way, if Boeheim leaves and a new coaching staff comes in, how many of this years 5 recruits do you think will come in. The coaching staff actually does very well identifying recruits early and landing those that want to come to play at Syracuse.
Honestly, this current staff has done a relatively poor job of landing elite talent. We thought things were picking up with Dior and Lands, but it turns out that was a mirage.

Honestly, this current staff has done a relatively poor job of landing elite talent. We thought things were picking up with Dior and Lands, but it turns out that was a mirage.
It’s not the staff.

Do you believe that if another person outside of the program becomes head coach that they will keep the other staff members? If the New coach wants to bring in his own staff, how long will the new recruits stay. They come to Syracuse because they were recruited to by the coaching staff by Autry, GMAC and by Allen Griffin.

For example, if Chris Mack leaves Louisville, do you think that Kamari Lands will still go there or will he bail and go somewhere else? With respect to all these “great recruits” like Dior and Kamari, don’t you think that they may be a little immature: 1) in the way, they make their early decision and then 2) how they act in after the decision is made that they rather go somewhere else.

For Dior, the decision was probably made by either his handlers or by the Syracuse coaching staff that he move on. With respect to Kamari, he wanted to reopen his recruitment so he could experience and enjoy the recruiting experience. He selected Syracuse without even visiting the campus. I’m pretty sure that his handlers had input on his decisions.

Do you believe that if another person outside of the program becomes head coach that they will keep the other staff members? If the New coach wants to bring in his own staff, how long will the new recruits stay. They come to Syracuse because they were recruited to by the coaching staff by Autry, GMAC and by Allen Griffin.

For example, if Chris Mack leaves Louisville, do you think that Kamari Lands will still go there or will he bail and go somewhere else? With respect to all these “great recruits” like Dior and Kamari, don’t you think that they may be a little immature: 1) in the way, they make their early decision and then 2) how they act in after the decision is made that they rather go somewhere else.

For Dior, the decision was probably made by either his handlers or by the Syracuse coaching staff that he move on. With respect to Kamari, he wanted to reopen his recruitment so he could experience and enjoy the recruiting experience. He selected Syracuse without even visiting the campus. I’m pretty sure that his handlers had input on his decisions.
I would hope and expect an "outside" coach would evaluate the staff, the current players and the recruits. Then keep whomever he wanted and cut loose anyone he didn't. We cannot be worried about the current players and recruits. If we hire outside the Syracuse family, I would expect someone that can bring in better recruits immediately.

I would hope and expect an "outside" coach would evaluate the staff, the current players and the recruits. Then keep whomever he wanted and cut loose anyone he didn't. We cannot be worried about the current players and recruits. If we hire outside the Syracuse family, I would expect someone that can bring in better recruits immediately.
Hope is not a strategy.

when you say, we can’t worry about the current players and recruits, I feel you have little grasp of the situation. Let’s say a new coach comes in with a different strategy and perspective, jettison the existing coaching staff and tell the new recruits that they have no place after his evaluation. Granted there is always the transfer portal but you end up with a hodge podge of players that have no familiarity of the new system. I understand that the current offensive scheme is very, very lacking if no originality but the current players are familiar with it. You have to realize that there will be a period of grasping a new system and players and there may be a series of losing season before there is a series of winning seasons.

When its time to make a change, and it is time, you bite the bullet that the incoming recruiting class is affected. Yes, you might lose some or all, meanwhile you pound the portal, recruit any unsigned HS kids and build for the next recruiting cycle. The first year could be rough but you build it with a 2 or 3 year plan in mind.

Sure, Dior and Kamari might be immature or a lot to handle but thats the way it goes with high end talent these days. You might have to deal with that and you need a coach and staff to have the energy to deal with that and make it work. Thats why they pay them the big bucks.

With the portal, a good coach can overturn the roster in 1 offseason
Not to mention that with a good outside hire, even an assistant, they usually have a couple of recruits that they've working on who will come along.

Not all recruits commit to the head coach.

Not to mention that with a good outside hire, even an assistant, they usually have a couple of recruits that they've working on who will come along.

Not all recruits commit to the head coach.
I believe that the recruits commit to the coaches they like and I agree not always to the head coach.

I'm not sure how much Gianis hit paid yo come to the dome but I would I prefered we give that money to Kamari

If I hear another person use weather as an excuse, I’m gonna scream. It’s a frozen tundra in most of Big 10 land (and the Big East) during the winter. So we get more snow than the other places, big whoop. We’re much much closer (a few hours drive) to key recruiting areas and cities in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, from Boston to the DMV, than any of those schools. Parents can drive to see their kids play on the regular. And we play in NYC, Boston and DC regularly.

If I hear another person use weather as an excuse, I’m gonna scream. It’s a frozen tundra in most of Big 10 land during the winter. So we get more snow than the other places, big whoop. We’re much much closer (a few hours drive) to key recruiting areas and cities in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, from Boston to the DMV, than any of those schools. Parents can drive to see their kids play on the regular. And we play in NYC, Boston and DC regularly.

Funny. I just posted this in another thread. If weather meant so much Arizona State and Miami would be basketball powerhouses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom