Who is buying this | Syracusefan.com

Who is buying this

Blaster

2nd String
SMU and SEC are in discussions, per a reporter for SMU's Rivals site. According to the Twitter thread, an article will follow once they get "the most accurate information."

http://twitter.com/#!/EJSports4

@EJSports4EJ Holland

#SMU now in serious discussions with the #SEC

Not sure if i do but dam if the SEC wanted to piss on UT an OU here's one way

Maybe the SEC was reading old press clippings about how the Mustangs paid their players and figured they should go see if they had a blood brother hanging out there.

Breaking news from ESPN SEC offers SMU and Rutgers spots in their new JV practice squad conference... Press conference by RugersAl to follow at at 10:00pm

The way I see it, teams used to want to go to a conference that allows them an easier path to a BCS bowl. I think that might be part of the thinking in Austin.

And with Texas and their TV network, you have to figure that they might be more willing to allow a team like SMU in the conference since SMU will probably not put up a stink about Texas's bigger revenue numbers. That didn't fly with Texas A&M but SMU and TCU and perhaps even Houston would be more than happy to take a smaller percentage of the $ associated with a conference that includes Texas because, well, it includes Texas.

Texas gets to keep their money and as long as they remain in a conference with a BCS berth, they can get to a big bowl with less obstacles.

The way I see it, teams used to want to go to a conference that allows them an easier path to a BCS bowl. I think that might be part of the thinking in Austin.

And with Texas and their TV network, you have to figure that they might be more willing to allow a team like SMU in the conference since SMU will probably not put up a stink about Texas's bigger revenue numbers. That didn't fly with Texas A&M but SMU and TCU and perhaps even Houston would be more than happy to take a smaller percentage of the $ associated with a conference that includes Texas because, well, it includes Texas.

Texas gets to keep their money and as long as they remain in a conference with a BCS berth, they can get to a big bowl with less obstacles.

It says SMU is in talks with SEC not B12. Maybe i am just misreading your post?

It's kinda weird the more i think about this SMU thing the more it makes sense. Then again a may be just talking myself into believing it.
1. Dallas market- $$$$
2. SMU is ranked #56 in USNW- SEC has wanted to increase its academic standing hence a&m and MIZZ
3. Alternating CCG in Atlanta and Jerry's world-$$$
4. Espn selling the rise of SMU all over the place-$$
5. SEC has alot of powerhouse teams why not add 1 that increasing markets and acedemics? Vandy of the west division.
6. Baylor wont try and sue you- saves $
7. Counters B12's TCU move
8. This must piss UT off to no end-:D
9. And they are down with Pay 2 Play

It's kinda weird the more i think about this SMU thing the more it makes sense. Then again a may be just talking myself into believing it.
1. Dallas market- $$$$
2. SMU is ranked #56 in USNW- SEC has wanted to increase its academic standing hence a&m and MIZZ
3. Alternating CCG in Atlanta and Jerry's world-$$$
4. Espn selling the rise of SMU all over the place-$$
5. SEC has alot of powerhouse teams why not add 1 that increasing markets and acedemics? Vandy of the west division.
6. Baylor wont try and sue you- saves $
7. Counters B12's TCU move
8. This must piss UT off to no end-:D
9. And they are down with Pay 2 Play
Wow, i dont know how much crack you just smoked, but it had to be a shiitload.

even more than you usually smoke before you post here.

impressive.

theres a movie in there somewhere...

:eek:

It says SMU is in talks with SEC not B12. Maybe i am just misreading your post?

No, I am on crack. Sorry about that. Good use of the challenge; f-ed it up. Must be tired eyes at the end of a work week.

SMU to the SEC, another report had Tulane as the 16th team to the SEC, Air Force in the Big EAST, none of this makes sense. All I can say is thankfully SU is slated to go to the ACC. Thats stability in this environment.

SMU and SEC are in discussions, per a reporter for SMU's Rivals site. According to the Twitter thread, an article will follow once they get "the most accurate information."

http://twitter.com/#!/EJSports4

@EJSports4EJ Holland

#SMU now in serious discussions with the #SEC

Not sure if i do but dam if the SEC wanted to piss on UT an OU here's one way[/quote

LMAO. That's good.