are u nervous for cal?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gilardino

Starter
Please calm me down and tell me this is a better matchup tahn unlv, please, someone

I respect Cal, I think the "home-court advantage" will help...but I'm not really nervous. I think if we play our game, we'll win.

Cal acted as if they just went to the final four postgame. Doesnt bode well for them

No idea if it's a better matchup than UNLV but I'll take a road game @Cal over a neutral game vs Wisconsin/VCU.
Cal sucks...I don't know why but it reminds me of the asu game everyone was worried about a couple years ago. Cal is very unathletic and basically 2 guys

Please calm me down and tell me this is a better matchup tahn unlv, please, someone

I can't tell if you are being an ironic or not, but I'm pretty sure everyone in the national media knows that San Jose is at least a semi-home game for the Cuse.

Why disrespect our fan base?

Cal sucks...I don't know why but it reminds me of the asu game everyone was worried about a couple years ago. Cal is very unathletic and basically 2 guys

Probably 'cause Pac-10. Honestly though that ASU team was much better & actually ahead of us in kenpom. We were a bit fortunate to shoot lights out that game & Hardin was less than 100% iirc (just as we were unfortunate the Oklahoma schmuck Guards made every shot & couldn't hit the ocean vs unc).

I'm feeling like, if we beat cal, & we should... We will dismantle Indiana, IF they get that far. If they run into NC State, they might not beat them.

I'm feeling like, if we beat cal, & we should... We will dismantle Indiana, IF they get that far. If they run into NC State, they might not beat them.
I'm on the mantonio bandwagon...I'm with you bro!!!!

all i know is we deserve a surprise run after the debacle with fab, osu officiating, ao going down.. oh and as for coincidences .. we faced a 12 seed in the 2nd round in 96..

Personally, I'm thrilled to play Cal instead of UNLV. I wanted no part of Anthony Bennett & their SG Reinhardt definitely fits the profile as "white shooter who has career day from behind the arc" against us.

Very few teams made me nervous today. To be honest, only Louisville and Michigan State did.

NC St. is a team that is so much more talented than their record. While I agree they could give Indiana a run, they could just as easily lose to Temple.

Agreed, I would add VCU to that list. Honestly though I think we match up fine with MSU.
I got news for ya:

We match up well against everyone. If this team plays with the heart, hustle, & thinking they have recently, I don't know any team that should beat them.

What team has the talent to handle this Syracuse Squad? There are probably 2 teams that are close, but they are not head & shoulders better. No one is...

I'll say this much. Crabbe looks like exactly the kind of guy who was meant to catch the ball at the foul line against the zone. He's a very good player and is going to be a handful.

Their interior defense and rebounding is also very good. We won't get to the rim with ease tomorrow night, and we had better be able to get to the offensive glass. Our ability to do that will probably decide the game.

In our favor, though - their guard play is not that good. Cobbs hit some 3's last night, but his handle didn't look that great, and on the year, although he's a "scorer", he's not such a shooter. Apart from him and Crabbe, they get their offense on the low block. Thurman played out of his mind last night for them against UNLV - he's ordinarily only about their third best big man. They'll need him to do that again on Saturday night.\

All of that said, I'm really much happier playing Cal than UNLV, even with their home court advantage. The Rebels' athleticism had me a bit worried, as did the fact that they went up against a 2-3 zone last night, which would have taken some of the surprise factor away from our defense. The Rebs have no chemistry and don't play like a team, though. That's why they went down.

I was nervous for montana.

of course I'll be nervous for Cal.

Man oh man--we just beat a team by 47 that many here were wringing their hands about, and some people are still panicking.

Oh Lord

Home court advantage is more than having fans cheer for you. It's your familiarity with the facility, locker rooms, staying where you live, etc.. Comfort zones. This isn't their venue. They'll have more fans, but we'll have more orange than a true road game (well wait, we always have orange everywhere so maybe scratch that).

We'll be fine if we play our game. For 40 minutes please.

Last time JB faced Cal, it was MSG in Nov 2009 and it was a complete thrashing, 95-73. That Cal team was #12 at the time, a better team than this one. No way the Cuse lose this game, it is another gift, get your tickets for DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom