Who is the best player in New York State? | Syracusefan.com

Who is the best player in New York State?

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Chris Vaccaro says:

North (8-1) is led by Dalton Crossan, the best football player on Long Island, if not New York state at this point. He has charged up the Sachem rushing and scoring record lists this year and has begun to knock on the door of Long Island history as well.
SP

Not sure what people dont like about this kid. He's fast and he's extremely productive.

I said it in another thread, he has really put up some spectacular numbers for Sachem. I wouldn't sleep on him. He may be the kind of kid who takes the Canzeri route and gets a late offer to a good football program.

Not sure what people dont like about this kid. He's fast and he's extremely productive.

My problem is that he has offers from Fordham, Stony Brook, Hofstra, Pennsylvania and Buffalo. Not Uconn, BC or Rutgers. My belief is if he were 'all that' he'd have some actual D1 interest. Long Island isn't exactly under the radar.

My problem is that he has offers from Fordham, Stony Brook, Hofstra, Pennsylvania and Buffalo. Not Uconn, BC or Rutgers. My belief is if he were 'all that' he'd have some actual D1 interest. Long Island isn't exactly under the radar.

Dion Lewis only had offers from Pitt, Tulane, and Miami OH. :noidea: Crossan plays DB too I believe as did Lewis.

Other schools have been after Crossan, just haven't offered. I remember reading BC among others.

I just hate seeing guys get shredded before they make it on campus, much less before they even commit.

Here's Crossan's stats this year.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/GxiNeBaciUChqqUSJpFUhw/football-fall-11/stats-dalton-crossan.htm

~11 YPC and scores on every 5-6 carries which matches Dion Lewis. Crossan just has over twice as many carries and TDs.

Dion Lewis only had offers from Pitt, Tulane, and Miami OH. :noidea: Crossan plays DB too I believe as did Lewis.

Other schools have been after Crossan, just haven't offered. I remember reading BC among others.

I just hate seeing guys get shredded before they make it on campus, much less before they even commit.

Here's Crossan's stats this year.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/GxiNeBaciUChqqUSJpFUhw/football-fall-11/stats-dalton-crossan.htm

~11 YPC and scores on every 5-6 carries which matches Dion Lewis. Crossan just has over twice as many carries and TDs.

And Kareem Jones was the NYS Class B player of the year running for over 2,000 yards. And Tim Washington had about 7,000 yards rushing in his High School Career in Connecticut. So what.

Dion Lewis, good lord. Hell, Swish averaged about 17 yards per catch playing TE for Tully.

And Kareem Jones was the NYS Class B player of the year running for over 2,000 yards. And Tim Washington had about 7,000 yards rushing in his High School Career in Connecticut. So what.

Dion Lewis, good lord. Hell, Swish averaged about 17 yards per catch playing TE for Tully.

Got it. So in a team lacking playmakers, a guy that scores every 6 times he touches the ball isn't worth a shot. Good call.

I don't know the kid personally or care if we land him or if we don't but I can see why the coaches might want him.

If he scored once every 15 carries and averaged 5 ypc but had a UConn offer he'd be much more attractive. Yeah, sound logic.

Got it. So in a team lacking playmakers, a guy that scores every 6 times he touches the ball isn't worth a shot. Good call.

I don't know the kid personally or care if we land him or if we don't but I can see why the coaches might want him.

If he scored once every 15 carries and averaged 5 ypc but had a UConn offer he'd be much more attractive. Yeah, sound logic.

Are you really basing explosiveness and playmaking ability with high school stats? Especially in New York?

Just because he scores every 6 touches doesn't mean he is going to be a playmaker at the collegiate level.

He may not have physical projection left and may be taking advantage of the lesser talent level in NY. Typically, when guys put up #'s like that, they are checked out on video, if not in person, by many of the D-1 schools.

Are you really basing explosiveness and playmaking ability with high school stats? Especially in New York?

Just because he scores every 6 touches doesn't mean he is going to be a playmaker at the collegiate level.

He may not have physical projection left and may be taking advantage of the lesser talent level in NY. Typically, when guys put up #'s like that, they are checked out on video, if not in person, by many of the D-1 schools.

I don't think that's the case. He is also a high level Lacrosse recruit.

It's all I've got man. Stats, and example of someone playing in NY that was overlooked, and was a pretty good player. 30 TDs is impressive regardless of who you're playing.

You're more likely to find physically maxed out players in football hotbed states.

He's uber-athletic. Checkout his youtube video -- can dunk a basketball, can do a standing back flip, squat over 400, bench over 275, and clean a heck of a lot.

It's all I've got man. Stats, and example of someone playing in NY that was overlooked, and was a pretty good player. 30 TDs is impressive regardless of who you're playing.

You're more likely to find physically maxed out players in football hotbed states.

its pretty much impossible to get overlooked, assuming you are not amish, from alaska or a girl.

looking forward to the today when we have a coach who doesnt have to depend on "overlooked" players to fill out a roster.

Freddy Jackson

AYAAQAHA-P697165.jpg

eh, might be a touchy opinion, but I just have this feeling that if he was black a lot more people would think that this was a sleeper-worthy candidate.

Thought it, didn't say it. If he had a serious tan then he might be athletic enough.

pretty physical for a freshman, definitely should keep an eye on him.
He is only the third freshman to have ever played for Sachem North. FWIW, not sure of his stats completely, but MaxPreps says he is averaging just a shade under 10 ypc this year.