Who is the million dollar man? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who is the million dollar man?

Weitsman posted on ig that he was very close to signing a player. Wonder what happened. Publicity stunt?

Jesse not staying.
At the beginning of this year Jesse absolutely intended it to be his last. But if he doesn't crush it down the stretch and is on the outside looking in at the draft, maybe he would change plans and come back for another year to try to get drafted. He's here on a visa, so NIL is complicated, but there's workarounds that could be done to pay him more money here than he'd make in the Dutch league. I don't know, I think he plans on leaving but I could see plans changing.

Without Jesse we will most likely need another game ready big
Love Hima but he's not quite there yet offensively, and he racks up fouls at an alarming rate. We'd have Carey playing 15-20 mins in his redshirt freshmen year, and it's uncertain he'd be ready for that. Hopefully we would buy the best big money can buy.

Weitsman posted on ig that he was very close to signing a player. Wonder what happened. Publicity stunt?
No, Adam is not doing this for publicity.

My guess is that he might still be be negotiating with another player or two.

I would think it would be better to get prices and contracts signed for all the players he wants to work with first, then make a public announcement after things are locked in.

The players monitor this stuff closely and an agreement with player A might complicate getting an agreement with player B.

As we saw happen with the Miami basketball team and some other programs as well...

No, Adam is not doing this for publicity.

My guess is that he might still be be negotiating with another player or two.

I would think it would be better to get prices and contracts signed for all the players he wants to work with first, then make a public announcement after things are locked in.

The players monitor this stuff closely and an agreement with player A might complicate getting an agreement with player B.

As we saw happen with the Miami basketball team and some other programs as well...
why make that pronouncement on Instagram then that you were close to signing
someone?

Love Hima but he's not quite there yet offensively, and he racks up fouls at an alarming rate. We'd have Carey playing 15-20 mins in his redshirt freshmen year, and it's uncertain he'd be ready for that. Hopefully we would buy the best big money can buy.

Hima would be like having Jeremy McNeill as our center. He's good for half of the game, both in terms of how long he'll manage to stay on the court, along with the idea that he can perform at the level we require defensively, but we would need an offensive minded center to pair with him. I'd like to see us grab a portal kid who's 6-8 to 6-9, weighs about 240 and can hit a three. Somebody who's looking to take a step up from G5 to P5.

why make that pronouncement on Instagram then that you were close to signing
someone?
First let me be clear. I am not a friend of Adam's. I have never talked to him, never met him, and I have no idea what is really going on with him and NIL.

That said, I am not sure Adam has a pre-written, well thought out roadmap regarding how he is going to roll out NIL.

There is a lot going on with it. I think he is working with SU coaches to identify players the staff really want. I think recruits are being felt out to see if they would be open to an NIL deal. Sounds like this is being done with multiple recruits for basketball and football concurrently.

It also sounds like he is working on the other side of NIL, this time identifying current players on the basketball and football roster the coaching staffs (and he) want to retain.

To make matters worse, there is some urgency involved.

I don't see any harm getting the fan base (maybe the players and other Syracuse recruits) energized about the possibility one or more NIL deals will be announced soon. That should help build momentum, and that is a good thing,

Now, it might not be a great thing for super impatient fans who are hoping to see results immediately. But that is probably not his primary focus, and I think that is a good thing.

First let me be clear. I am not a friend of Adam's. I have never talked to him, never met him, and I have no idea what is really going on with him and NIL.

That said, I am not sure Adam has a pre-written, well thought out roadmap regarding how he is going to roll out NIL.

There is a lot going on with it. I think he is working with SU coaches to identify players the staff really want. I think recruits are being felt out to see if they would be open to an NIL deal. Sounds like this is being done with multiple recruits for basketball and football concurrently.

It also sounds like he is working on the other side of NIL, this time identifying current players on the basketball and football roster the coaching staffs (and he) want to retain.

To make matters worse, there is some urgency involved.

I don't see any harm getting the fan base (maybe the players and other Syracuse recruits) energized about the possibility one or more NIL deals will be announced soon. That should help build momentum, and that is a good thing,

Now, it might not be a great thing for super impatient fans who are hoping to see results immediately. But that is probably not his primary focus, and I think that is a good thing.
I talked to Adam today. More coming soon.

Would love to get Boogie Fland at the Dome for the Duke game. It was wraps when Judah saw that crowd last year.
Would be huge. But we have to develop a relationship with him first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom