Who replaces Diabate next year? | Syracusefan.com

Who replaces Diabate next year?

sufandu

Living Legend
A lot of people have been wondering about our seniors and Pugh on offense, and rightfully so, but when the d-line has kept him clean, Diabate has made a lot of plays this year. The Spruill thing didn't work last year. Some of that could have been because of the d-line, however. Could Lynch move over? Does Coker still have a chance to get the mental stuff together?

I'll say first the biggest defensive loss will be Shamwow. It's been a long time since we've had such a big hitter and sure tackler at safety.

Linebacker will sure be an interesting position to watch. I think Lynch will get the nod. My pipe dream is a ready made 235lb Juco MLB.

I'm not entirely sure where Vigille and Washington are playing right now. I think Vig is on the outside and Washington is at the mike, everybody is just listed as 'linebacker'.

Here's what we return (roster weights)

Spruill 224 - sr
Davis 212 - jr
Lynch 225 - jr
Coker 227 - sr
Washington 218 - fr
Vigille 224 - so

Rookies:
Marquez Hodge
Devan Carter

A lot of people have been wondering about our seniors and Pugh on offense, and rightfully so, but when the d-line has kept him clean, Diabate has made a lot of plays this year. The Spruill thing didn't work last year. Some of that could have been because of the d-line, however. Could Lynch move over? Does Coker still have a chance to get the mental stuff together?
I have no idea. There is no clear candidate to take the job. I expect a JUCO linebacker will be added to the class to compete but unless he can enroll in January, it will be close to impossible to win a job in preseason camp. There is too much to learn at this position.

I'll say first the biggest defensive loss will be Shamwow. It's been a long time since we've had such a big hitter and sure tackler at safety.
Completely agree. I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't the biggest loss on defense. I was just thinking we have a pretty good idea of who'll be stepping in for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom