Who runs the time-outs? | Syracusefan.com

Who runs the time-outs?

SWC75

Bored Historian
When JB had his operation, Bernie Fine was the nominal interim coach. But I noticed he stood to the side and Hop ran the timeouts. That told me that Bernie wasn't head coaching material and Hop was.

Today I saw Gary standing outside the huddle during a time out and an assistant was in the center of it, telling the players what to do. Could it be that Gary is a figurehead coach and the assistant(s) are really running the team?

When JB had his operation, Bernie Fine was the nominal interim coach. But I noticed he stood to the side and Hop ran the timeouts. That told me that Bernie wasn't head coaching material and Hop was.

Today I saw Gary standing outside the huddle during a time out and an assistant was in the center of it, telling the players what to do. Could it be that Gary is a figurehead coach and the assistant(s) are really running the team?
Syracuse allocates more $ to coachs than most, if not all, programs.

Watch the UVA end when March and Oderna come together to hug a the end. Gait is the CEO and the recruiter/pulpit role. I do actually wonder if this somewhat inspired Wildhack when he hied Fran for football…

Syracuse allocates more $ to coachs than most, if not all, programs.

Watch the UVA end when March and Oderna come together to hug a the end. Gait is the CEO and the recruiter/pulpit role. I do actually wonder if this somewhat inspired Wildhack when he hied Fran for football…
Is this why we fell apart at Cornell when the OC got tossed? We were a totally different team after he was sent packing. That had me concerned about Gary’s play calling and the overall management of the offense.

Look at me worrying about the best who ever played organizing the offense in an unsettled situation. :rolleyes: Who am I to judge? That game really sticks in my craw.

No. Many lacrosse head coaches let their coordinators run the huddles when there are specific X and O type things that are being addressed.

Think it is waaay too black and white to call Gait just a CEO or figurehead. It is quite normal for coordinators to run timeouts, especially defensive coordinators for the defense. People base their Gait CEO takes on timeouts that are run in a similar way to quite a few other schools, including us with Desko before Gait. That is not nearly enough evidence. I do not know the level involvement gait has in Xs and Os, but I imagine he has a strong influence on offensive personnel/match ups.

I don't think March being sent off against Cornell is why the offense slowed down, but it could have played a role in some lack of adjustments on clears, which we found out later is one of March's main tasks. Was good to see that back on track in the UVA game. Given how aggressive they were on the 10 man ride, I will take a 18-22 day on clears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom