Who was convinced they were gonna give gtown FTs at end of Reg? | Syracusefan.com

Who was convinced they were gonna give gtown FTs at end of Reg?

I wasn't after the replay. It goes by when the refs arm goes up and not when the actual foul occurred. The foul was before the clock went off but not the refs arm.

I wasn't after the replay. It goes by when the refs arm goes up and not when the actual foul occurred. The foul was before the clock went off but not the refs arm.
And if he had called it just before the clock ran out, Syracuse fans would have run him out of the arena.

They tried to re-play the end-game (so GT could win). Unfortunately, with national television and video replay, it wasn't possible. Amazingly gutsy win today. They never panicked, they absorbed GT's generous and amazingly accurate FT shooting and finally silenced the hostile crowd. Plus 7 on the glass against a big team. I knew our centers were going to struggle against Govan. And they did. Tyus Battle took the game over. And Frank played great down the stretch despite not being able to find any range on his shot. He consistently got to the rim against a good defensive team with an active shot-blocker. But Osahe can you see ... I guess his jumper's finally arrived ... and all I can say is, uh oh.

Last edited:
how they could have called that foul at the end after ignoring the 2 fouls on our last 2 shots right before it would have really hurt

This was my thought. That would have been an all time brutal ending. To not get a foul on Brisett's attempt at a put back, then give a meaningless foul that would hand Georgetown a game that they could not win given time and position on the floor would have been absolutely brutal.

But, why the rule is that it depends on when the official's hand goes up vs. when the foul occurred is absolutely stupid if true. It actually makes no sense. If the play had involved a last second shot instead where the player got the shot off, but the ref was late calling the foul...they wouldn't award the foul??

I think the refs met and said we're not allowing the game to be decided in that way.

Last edited:
I didn't see it. If there was contact, it was very slight

It looked slight, similar to Voodoo Chile(Slight Return). I hope JB can help him learn from that.

Paranoia runs deep in the Orange fan base.

I can definitely relate. It starts when your always afraid, if you step out of line, the man will come to take you away.

544B2A18-22EC-499C-8A2C-F8394FA484E5.jpeg

Would have been as bad as this one

that isnt the rule. the rule is when the,ref intends to blow the,whistle.

He did foul him .. it was on purpose
He didn’t know the score and thought we were behind

We got away with one

that isnt the rule. the rule is when the,ref intends to blow the,whistle.

Yea it’s the whistle which is when they raise their arm usually. The main point was that it’s not when the foul is committed.

No idea what the ref saw. Very little contact. Theres more contact on a majority of rebounds then that one. Thought when then went to monitor that they were gonna give them that bs call before the time expired

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom