Who was it that said UCF sucked... | Syracusefan.com

Who was it that said UCF sucked...

sufandu

Living Legend
... and maintained that opinion as recently as this week? Can he be objective enough to eat a little crow now? There's no way anyone can watch them beat Louisville and Baylor and still say they were not a quality team this year.

The original thread is from earlier this season when they were looking good but hadn't beaten Louisville yet, then the guy insisted they still weren't any good after they won the AAC in a more recent thread. I'm just curious if he still has that opinion following the bowl win. Is he capable of saying he was wrong or is he just going to stay in a hole now because his ego won't let him eat crow? I, for one, if pressed, would have told you I didn't think they were that good prior to the season, if only because I didn't know anything about them and made the mistake of going on reputation.

... and maintained that opinion as recently as this week? Can he be objective enough to eat a little crow now? There's no way anyone can watch them beat Louisville and Baylor and still say they were not a quality team this year.

Absolutely not. Said poster is too busy choosing his next target. See UCF, Cooney, Coleman.

Blake Bortles was a three star recruit, If you look at UCF's recruiting over the past four years there are more two stars and NR than 4 stars. They have done a great job eventuating talent and coachin em up.

Absolutely not. Said poster is too busy choosing his next target. See UCF, Cooney, Coleman.
I just found him. He commented about Cooney in a basketball thread. Good call.

I don't think you're talking about me, but I think they got lucky. UCF had an easy schedule all the way through. They split the two best teams they played, losing to SCar at home, and beating Louisville on the road. Then couldn't even manage to not keep games close against the rest of their crappy schedule.

Riding off of the Big East, this crappy schedule they barely managed to get through has an auto bid to a BCS game. They then luck out and play Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl. Baylor has no defense and by the end of the season wasn't the best the Big XII had to offer. UCF then barley beats Baylor.

Look at the teams that have won BCS games, and pick one that's worse than UCF.

I don't think you're talking about me, but I think they got lucky. UCF had an easy schedule all the way through. They split the two best teams they played, losing to SCar at home, and beating Louisville on the road. Then couldn't even manage to not keep games close against the rest of their crappy schedule.

Riding off of the Big East, this crappy schedule they barely managed to get through has an auto bid to a BCS game. They then luck out and play Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl. Baylor has no defense and by the end of the season wasn't the best the Big XII had to offer. UCF then barley beats Baylor.

Look at the teams that have won BCS games, and pick one that's worse than UCF.
It wasn't you that I was referring to. I don't think anyone suggested UCF should've been a national championship contender, but this guy said UCF flat out sucked and they wouldn't win one game in the ACC. The person he debated with contended they were a solid team and shouldn't be underestimated. This was all before they beat Louisville. After the Louisville win he still could not admit that they were a quality team. Any team that ends the season with 1 loss and beats 2 other ranked teams, one in a bowl game, should be viewed as a good (maybe not great) team.

I just found him. He commented about Cooney in a basketball thread. Good call.

It's like clockwork with him. Some people just love to pick out their whipping boy and unleash on them regardless of how wrong they may be.

UCF then barley beats Baylor.

Assuming you meant barely and not barley... ;)
Barley-icon.png

UCF was leading by 17 points until Baylor scored a meaningless TD with about a minute to go. That's not "barely" beating the #6 team in the country.

It wasn't you that I was referring to. I don't think anyone suggested UCF should've been a national championship contender, but this guy said UCF flat out sucked and they wouldn't win one game in the ACC. The person he debated with contended they were a solid team and shouldn't be underestimated. This was all before they beat Louisville. After the Louisville win he still could not admit that they were a quality team. Any team that ends the season with 1 loss and beats 2 other ranked teams, one in a bowl game, should be viewed as a good (maybe not great) team.

Yes it was TBonehead11 and he debated with myself and someone else but it is really irrelevant now since they rode a crappy AAC schedule to a BCS game and beat a Big12 champ ... like we've done that a bunch of times ... they must suck LOL :rolleyes:

Yes it was TBonehead11 and he debated with myself and someone else but it is really irrelevant now since they rode a crappy AAC schedule to a BCS game and beat a Big12 champ ... like we've done that a bunch of times ... they must suck LOL :rolleyes:
Apparently he doesn't want to talk about it since I referenced it in a b-ball thread and received no response.

Apparently he doesn't want to talk about it since I referenced it in a b-ball thread and received no response.

He is good like that ... its ok ... I'm not too worried about it ... I stand by my assessment that UCF is a good football team ... are they top 5, no ... but a hell of a lot better than the majority of teams out there.

He is good like that ... its ok ... I'm not too worried about it ... I stand by my assessment that UCF is a good football team ... are they top 5, no ... but a hell of a lot better than the majority of teams out there.
I remember reading the exchange. I knew nothing about them. If I had been asked by a stranger prior to reading things on here, I would've assumed they sucked, but certainly would've changed my mind after the Louisville win. They have nothing to apologize for. Won their league with only 1 loss and won a BCS bowl against a top 10 team. Every team but the factories will take that every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom