Who was the better QB | Syracusefan.com

Who was the better QB

upperdeck

Living Legend
according to ESPN QBR Haynes was ?

not sure how throwing for more TD and more yds per pass and more yds equals worse ranking

But I guess the 2 rushing TDs is worth way more than throwing TDS

not sure how throwing for more TD and more yds per pass and more yds equals worse ranking

Does QBR even consider rushing?

McCord is getting massive coverage and is being spoken about in Heisman conversations.

QBR is one measurement. I’m not mad about it. Everyone knows who’s the man.

1000006950.jpg

It absolutely factors in running. It’s not the same as passer rating, which yesterday was 167 vs 136.

As for total Qbr he is second in EPA, 1st in passing. He is decremented for running and sacks, which I don’t get since he’s only been sacked twice.

not really something to worry about

The dropsies are super annoying as Kyle would be #1 if it weren't for all the drops.
If guys were dropping routine catches it would be a problem. That’s not what’s happened so far. You are going to have some balls hit the ground when you are throwing 43 times a game.

If guys were dropping routine catches it would be a problem. That’s not what’s happened so far. You are going to have some balls hit the ground when you are throwing 43 times a game.
We have differing definitions of routine vs non-routine catches.

Yup. And, if anything, our WRs have made far more tough catches this season - Meeks, Pena, Gadsden, Allen have all made spectacular catches already. McCord is the primary reason for the passing success. But the upgrade in receiving talent is clearly evident.

Its why the ratings that are put out on performances are often misleading

QBR weighs the 4th quarter more heavily. They scored 14 points which I’m sure affects his QBR more positively. It’s a big reason I don’t love QBR. How can you rate someone higher for some garbage yards and points in a 17 point game.

We have differing definitions of routine vs non-routine catches.
Out 85 attempts/26 incompletions, how many were drops on routine catches?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom