Who will be the breakout player for Syracuse football in 2013? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who will be the breakout player for Syracuse football in 2013?

Sean Hickey - maybe 'star' is not the right word for an OT, but will get the notoriety of stepping in for a 1st round draft pick and not having any dropoff at the position - will be getting much love by the end of the season

runner up - Drew Allen - steps in as a 1 year band-aid after being career backup and ends the season having which round he'll be drafted being discussed during the bowl game

Sean Hickey - maybe 'star' is not the right word for an OT, but will get the notoriety of stepping in for a 1st round draft pick and not having any dropoff at the position - will be getting much love by the end of the season

runner up - Drew Allen - steps in as a 1 year band-aid after being career backup and ends the season having which round he'll be drafted being discussed during the bowl game
Great choices...both crossed my mind when I read the OP.

If Hickey has a great year...I wonder if he bolts for the money? Considering how hard he's battled through two surgeries, I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Brisly Estime. This kid will turn heads from day 1. he will be on campus and he will have 10 return TDs by the time he is done here. Kid is that fast.

also, ho is no one saying George Morris? he is our best Rb, and its not even close. He will prove this early, and will earn alot of time by mid season.

Based on what everyone is saying I think Morris will be great at SU, but there are two proven upperclassmen already in the backfield and just not enough touches to go around for him to be the breakout star IMO.

Based on what everyone is saying I think Morris will be great at SU, but there are two proven upperclassmen already in the backfield and just not enough touches to go around for him to be the breakout star IMO.

i guess. he is already better than PTG by quite a bit. If we want to win, Morris will get run early and often.

Brisly Estime. Hear me out, I know some of you think he will never set foot on campus. He is already 21, so not a freshman physically. Use him as a kick returner first year. I don't know but the first time I saw his video I thought Venric Mark and can't shake that feeling. Maybe I am just a dreamer.
Maybe he runs a kick back for a TD against State Penn & Orange Nation goes wild at MetLife ...

Maybe he runs a kick back for a TD against State Penn & Orange Nation goes wild at MetLife ...
That is the kind of dreaming I like. Oh man I was just about to do a hashtag but thankfully remembered this ain't twitter. ;)

If Hickey has a great year...I wonder if he bolts for the money? Considering how hard he's battled through two surgeries, I wouldn't blame him one bit.
Our line looks troubling next year if that happens.

Ben Lewis. His shoulder got the benefit of his high ankle sprain, so he should be ready to go this fall.

eskridge is positioned for a good year. redemption for that "tacke" attempt against the Cincy TE. bigger stronger he's going to make those tackles. He's actually a really good open field tackler just needed a bit more strentgh to bring down the bigger guys he"s there now.

on offense. Sean Hickey is going to have a great year then bolt. Also one of those freshman wide recievers. the Mcdonald nabbed up

Hmm last year I went with Gulley this year wow so many unknowns, if the line is decent, and the qb is able to deliver the ball, I will probably go with Clark.

John Raymon - no yards allowed up the middle
Jerome Smith -continue putting the hurt on anyone who tries tackling him
Those two will set the tone of toughness for this team on defense and offense

I'll be serious for a moment and throw out a name I haven't seen yet...

Durrell Eskridge
Athletic player taking over for SHAMARKO will make at least 1 game changing play a week.

I'll be serious for a moment and throw out a name I haven't seen yet...

Durrell Eskridge
Athletic player taking over for SHAMARKO will make at least 1 game changing play a week.
Hopefully at least 75% of them in the winning direction.

I was hoping for Quinta Funderburke but after the spring I'm not sure. (If it is a receiver we know a good quarterback has emerged.)

I hope it is Hickey because if it is the O will be awesome. I am of the opinion that last year's success was due to the Oline especially Pugh. Some of the holes were big enough for me to walk through. Nassib's stats were much better after Justin returned. I am rootin for the OT.

I hope it is Hickey because if it is the O will be awesome. I am of the opinion that last year's success was due to the Oline especially Pugh. Some of the holes were big enough for me to walk through. Nassib's stats were much better after Justin returned. I am rootin for the OT.

Didn't Hickey break out last year?

Drew Allen. He's gonna be a good one and we're gonna wish he had more eligibility when the season's over.

The fact that we have so many candidates for a break out season is a great thing vs only talking about the same few names. Marrone did a great job in talent recognition and SS is the perfect coach to continue the trend and develop them into stars. It feels great to have a roster oozing with talent on the hill once more!

Based on the recent comments by our new RB coach, it could be A.B.

John Raymon and Wayne Williams are going to be monsters before the season is out, can't teach size and speed, but you can teach them how to destroy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom