Class of 2015 - Who will be the first kid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Who will be the first kid

PhatOrange

Living Legend
To commit for 2015/16 class ? And where will he come from?

You mean in 2015 for the 2016 class? Last year the earlies were the McD Florida kids like Robinson who committed in April and then never ended up here.

Right now there are only about 40 offerees for 2016 in the database. If they follow the pattern of last year there will be another batch of offers in March and they will bring kids in for the Spring Game.

Last edited:
I see that Toad has his Top 50 2016 players list out. A couple have already committed. I'd love to see it filled with Orange when all is said and done.

If it's going to happen with him, Robert Washington. We already know he's probably going to be deciding within the next month, and I like wishful thinking.

Everyone but Pitt, BC and Syracuse has a 2016 commit at this point. (in division) NC State, LVille, Clemson and FSU have 24 combined. Wake has 1 (a kicker bd)

The first to commit last year was Tyrone Perkins on 4/16

Then I have Jordan Fredericks on 4/24 and Robinson on 4/25

All the talk last year was 'getting a jump' on this year. I'm curious to see how that plays out.

Everyone but Pitt, BC and Syracuse has a 2016 commit at this point. (in division) NC State, LVille, Clemson and FSU have 24 combined. Wake has 1 (a kicker bd)

The first to commit last year was Tyrone Perkins on 4/16

Then I have Jordan Fredericks on 4/24 and Robinson on 4/25

All the talk last year was 'getting a jump' on this year. I'm curious to see how that plays out.
Depends on how high they're aiming. Last year was supposedly a solid/depth year, where they went after "3-star" guys. If they are going after bigger fish this year, we still might not see the payoff until late in the cycle. Assuming blue chips take longer to decide.

If it's going to happen with him, Robert Washington. We already know he's probably going to be deciding within the next month, and I like wishful thinking.
Do you know why he is planning to decide early (March)?

For the last handful of years, even last year when we had such a crazy pace of commits throughout the summer, we typically see no action until April.

Hoping that isn't the case this year, would love to see someone in March ;)

March 15, 2015 - (Selection Sunday) Robert Washington

No one will be talking about the postseason ban, it will all be about Mr. Washington.

I will say Anthony Brown out of NJ. Not because I know anything about him or his intentions, but I know QBs are a point of focus for the class of 2016 for just about everyone, we have already lost out to a couple that we really liked, we really need QBs (and in fact will probably take two) and it seems like he might be a good fit for Syracuse.

Would be really surprised if we did not get a QB in one of the first 3 or 4 players to verbal. Would be really surprised if our first verbal from a QB happens after the spring game. I am going to say Brown verbals first and then Brotzki a day later. Boom, done recruiting QBs just like that.

Tom I think the staff might wait to see if Washington commits. If he does they will put the full court press on his friend, the QB from MD who played in the USA all star game with him.

Tom I think the staff might wait to see if Washington commits. If he does they will put the full court press on his friend, the QB from MD who played in the USA all star game with him.
That would be awesome if it went down that way!

Seriously though - if Washington is going to commit to SU, since he's looking at March, the answer is "Washington" for this question. So basically, the answer to this question will also tell us whether or not we get Washington.

Based on the kids we're involved with now and the interest levels, and connections, my guess would be Brotzki and Washington too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom