Who will be the teams Honey Badger? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who will be the teams Honey Badger?

I think Triche might be the most over rated player on this board. I think it's CJ when it's all said and done. I really feel Triche has another up and down season and this year people can't use the Scoop and Dion won't pass him the ball excuse.

The fact that this is such a contentious subject of debate is telling. The go to guy in my opinion with be Mr. Chemistry. With so much talent and similar type players, particularly at the guard positions, it will be absolutely essential that this team develops a chemistry and team first mentality if it is going to be really successful especially late in the season (read tourney time). Having so much talent is great with respect to the fact that it creates competition within the team and the incentive for each player to become better, but it is a double edged sword at the same time and could work against the formation of a cohesive core of players from emerging who play well together and equal a sum which exceeds the total of it's individual parts. Consistentcy of the starting players will be important so as to not generate a season long search for the right combination of players. If a starter struggles, what is the mindset of the person off the bench when that happens? Do they play within their own abilities and play for the enhancement of the team, or are they motivated to play based on the attempt to capitalize off of the opportunity so as to gain more playing time? I need not mention names here. These are the types of issues that I think will, in the end determine the success of this years team. In spite of the greatest depth of any Syracuse team I've ever seen I think this may be the most difficult year of coaching for JB in his tenure at the helm of the program. Hopefully, the starters will coalese into a well oiled machine so we don't have the type of problems I allude to. My concern is that our core leadership players have had careers which are marked as much by inconsistentcy as they are by consistent play.

Right. Its not like Scoop didnt make big shots last year for us. But that first 5 minutes of the second half the other night tells me (at least) who the leader is.

Agreed and of all our players not named Fab he was the most impressive guy out on the court which many of us seemed to have missed. Scoop did what he needed to do and got the ball to other guys, but he also took the ball to start the second half and told CalStLA that they would not be getting close to us on the scorebaord. He took good shots but very few of them. He ran the offense and got the ball to guys in good positions. He limited his TO's and played good defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom