Who would be your one desired recruit in 2018? | Syracusefan.com

Who would be your one desired recruit in 2018?

50YRsofCuse

Syracuse Fan in Florida and in SC
While we are waiting for the summer months to pass before the new school semester starts and given that Brycen Goodine has already given his verbal commit (so does not count for this question), which one current Syracuse 2019 recruit would you most like the team to sign and which recruit do you feel is the probability is low that Syracuse signs him? The candidates that I am referring to are:

Kofi Cockburn, C
Qudus Wahab, PF/C
Kai Jones, PF/C
Jon Bol Ajak, C
Akok Akok, PF/SF
Kahil Whitney, SF
Quincy Guerrier, SG/SF
Aidan Ighehorn, PF
Isiah Stewart, PF
Precious Achiuwa, SF
Joe Girard, III, SG/PG
Jalen Lecque, SG

I will start it off with Akok Akok as the recruit that I feel Syracuse should sign.
Isiah Stewart is the recruit that they want to sign but is such a low probability at this time that he signs with Syracuse.

Anyone else care to offer their view?

Achiuwa. He's the best player of the bunch. We likely lose Brissett after this season and need a wing slasher.

If this is about wishes rather than predictions than I think I’ve settled on adding Girard, Guerrier, Akok and Stewart to Goodine and then JB can put his feet up the rest of the way until BB graduates.

That class would be great to mesh with whoever returns next year and would also provide a bedrock for the next few years both in terms of on court results and recruiting the next couple of classes thereafter.

If this is about wishes rather than predictions than I think I’ve settled on adding Girard, Guerrier, Akok and Stewart to Goodine and then JB can put his feet up the rest of the way until BB graduates.

That class would be great to mesh with whoever returns next year and would also provide a bedrock for the next few years both in terms of on court results and recruiting the next couple of classes thereafter.
3 of those 4 will be gone in 2 years or less, so he'll have to get his feet off the desk quickly

I think you can take a few guys off that list completely

We aren’t getting Achiwua, Lecque, Igehon, or Whitney
I agree but out of who is left, which one would you really like?

By the way, I don’t believe that we will get Stewart either.

Akok Akok, PF/SF
Quincy Guerrier, SG/SF
Joe Girard, III, SG/PG
Jon Bol Ajak, C

Qudus Wahab, PF/C
Kai Jones, PF/C
Some as yet unidentified multi-positional player

Kofi Cockburn, C
Isiah Stewart, PF

Precious Achiuwa, SF
Kahil Whitney, SF
Aidan Ighehorn, PF
Jalen Lecque, SG

Last edited:
Syracuse.com Donna D says don't rule out Precious just yet...
Yea I read that...not sure what to think on it. I think his recruitment is still considered "wide open" because maybe some of the big boys might get involved and hes waiting on that. We haven't been mentioned with him for quite some time (not to say we haven't been in contact) but I thought I read somewhere that Duke was sniffin around precious. Who knows with recruiting these 17/18 year old kids but I dont see us as a major player for him.

That's a hard question to answer. My most "desired recruit" is Stewart (but I think he's a long shot at best). Would love for him to surprise me. Outside of Stewart, I guess I'd pick Akok. That said, I think of the highly rated recruits the one we have the best shot with is Girard. Time will tell. I also really like Guerrier.

I want Akok first and foremost.

After that, Guerrier/wahab/Girard.

I think Precious is more likely than Stewart. Id obviously love either but im not getting my hopes up.

Dont see us getting Cockburn, but again, thats not based on any inside knowledge outside of I feel like ive seen this movie befoee

Last edited:
That's a hard question to answer. My most "desired recruit" is Stewart (but I think he's a long shot at best). Would love for him to surprise me. Outside of Stewart, I guess I'd pick Akok. That said, I think of the highly rated recruits the one we have the best shot with is Girard. Time will tell. I also really like Guerrier.
Chances for Girard just improved when Cole Bajema was offered and committed to Michigan yesterday. Took the last scholarship.

While we are waiting for the summer months to pass before the new school semester starts and given that Brycen Goodine has already given his verbal commit (so does not count for this question), which one current Syracuse 2019 recruit would you most like the team to sign and which recruit do you feel is the probability is low that Syracuse signs him? The candidates that I am referring to are:

Kofi Cockburn, C
Qudus Wahab, PF/C
Kai Jones, PF/C
Jon Bol Ajak, C
Akok Akok, PF/SF
Kahil Whitney, SF
Quincy Guerrier, SG/SF
Aidan Ighehorn, PF
Isiah Stewart, PF
Precious Achiuwa, SF
Joe Girard, III, SG/PG
Jalen Lecque, SG

I will start it off with Akok Akok as the recruit that I feel Syracuse should sign.
Isiah Stewart is the recruit that they want to sign but is such a low probability at this time that he signs with Syracuse.

Anyone else care to offer their view?

Not in a specific order, but I'll take these 5 + Goodine. Is that math possible?

Kofi Cockburn, C
Akok Akok, PF/SF
Isiah Stewart, PF
Precious Achiuwa, SF
Joe Girard, III, SG/PG

Akok and Kai. Unbelievable versatility from those two, great system fits -- and our frontcourt would be restocked for several years bringing that pair on board.
Maybe we need to review what the #1 means. Oh, and the answer is Akok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom