Who would you rather be? | Syracusefan.com

Who would you rather be?

Would you rahter be Doug Marrone or Jim Boeheim?

• Doug Marrone

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Jim Boeheim

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

SWC75

Bored Historian
This thought occurred to me: who would your rather be right now: Doug Marrone, facing a 4 game losing streak, an underdog in the fifth game and facing a no bowl season and deluge of criticism after being 5-2. Or Jim Boeheim who has an undefeated third ranked team and is in the Hall of Fame but is facing all these off the court problems which might threaten his job?

Marrone. He's the coach of a rebuild on its way up. JB is in the lion's den facing the fight of his career...with the media pushing him out the door.

Marrone. He just bought a new puppy.

319375_1940820202734_1309308371_31634145_4978041_n.jpg

Doug Marrone knows for a fact that he has another season or two to get the job done. JB could be here for another 5 years or he could be gone Saturday. I'd take certainty over the situation Jim is in.

Doug Marrone knows for a fact that he has another season or two to get the job done. JB could be here for another 5 years or he could be gone Saturday. I'd take certainty over the situation Jim is in.

And we're a football school.

Boeheim, because at the end of the day he's still married to Juli. This isn't a shot at Mrs Marrone though, I simply don't know anything about her.

JB. And its not close. He could be fired by SU today and get any job he wants by the end of the day (with few exceptions). he'd make more money, coach at a better school, in a nicer part of the country, and build the exact same program he had here in a matter of days.

marrone will be fired in the next year or so and no one will ever hire him to be a head coach ever again.

JB. And its not close. He could be fired by SU today and get any job he wants by the end of the day (with few exceptions). he'd make more money, coach at a better school, in a nicer part of the country, and build the exact same program he had here in a matter of days.

marrone will be fired in the next year or so and no one will ever hire him to be a head coach ever again.

He would move into a great position as an analyst on a sports network other than ESPN.

If Marrone were fired he'd get another job just like G-Rob. By the way, G-Rob was 1-10, 4-8, 2-10 in his first three years. Doug, at worst is 4-8, 8-5, 5-7.

I chose JB because he is confident in himself, his team is Top 5, and that at the end of the day he believes he will survive this mess. In addition he has a ring, is in the HoF, and his career is winding down. As long as he didn't act inappropriately in the Fine situation, I cannot see him being fired. I don't think he is feeling pressure. He is at the you status of his career.

Marrone has to be questioning himself. Is at the beginning of his career. May never get another shot if he fails. Would be letting down the university he loves, its alumni, and community. I think he is feeling a lot more pressure right now.

JB is in a more stressful situation but doesn't feel it.

Wow, you sure do bleed orange! What's your connection to SU?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom