Who You Got? | Syracusefan.com

Who You Got?

STL_CuseFan

Walk On
My apologies if somebody has posted something like this before but as November 11th slowly approaches and we wait to hear from new commitments I'd like to hear all of your opinions. If you had to win 1 game and had to form a team of Cuse players from the last 10 years (06-07-present), who you got? Starting 5 and then 3 bench players that can be any position (All throwing out what they have done or what haven't done in the NBA/strictly the eye test from their college days). I go with:

PG: Johnny Flynn
SG: Dion Waiters
SF: Wesley Johnson
PF: Jerami Grant
C: Rakeem Christmas

Bench:
Rick Jackson
Michael Carter-Williams
CJ Fair

Nice, a fun Friday game, I'm in.

Amusing each player is at their SU performance peak. . . . .

Edited because I forgot about Fab and Tyler

MCW
Rautins
Gbinije
Johnson
Melo

bench:
Waiters
Lydon
Christmas

Last edited:
Starters:
MCW
Rautins
CJ Fair
Lydon
Onuaku

Bench:
Rakeem Christmas
Gbinije
Wesley Johnson

I feel this 8 would give you a lot of interchangable lineup options although it's really hard to keep Rick Jackson off the list. You get great shooting and length along with players off the bench that can all play at least 2 positions. The defense on this team would be incredible.

MCW
Rautins
Johnson
Lydon
Fab

Bench:
Waiters
G
Onuaku

Cheers,
Neil

My apologies if somebody has posted something like this before but as November 11th slowly approaches and we wait to hear from new commitments I'd like to hear all of your opinions. If you had to win 1 game and had to form a team of Cuse players from the last 10 years (06-07-present), who you got? Starting 5 and then 3 bench players that can be any position (All throwing out what they have done or what haven't done in the NBA/strictly the eye test from their college days). I go with:

Bench:
Rick Jackson
Michael Carter-Williams
CJ Fair

Sophomore Flynn
Senior Rautins
Junior Johnson
Junior Fair
Sophomore Melo (I know, I know)

Sophomore Waiters
Senior Southerland - can play either F spot, and allows us to put 4 3 point shooters on the floor if he comes in for Fair
Senior Onuaku (gives us a low post scorer)

I think that 8 would be a great defensive team - the other 4 would make Flynn better on that end. It would have our two best penetrating guards, three of our best shooters, our best low post scorer, our best defensive center, and a lot of guys who can play multiple positions.

Bench:
Rick Jackson
Michael Carter-Williams
CJ Fair
The team from AO's senior season. I would take that team against all others you could make up. A great, great team.

PG MCW
SG Waiters
SF Wes
PF Rak
C Melo

G Silent G
F Lydon
F/C Jackson

All these guys at their best in a Cuse uniform as a team I think destroys any other combo I could come up with. Depth at every position off the bench, scoring, defense, uggggh. If one could dream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom