Whoa: My favorite word applies to this article featuring Texas | Syracusefan.com

Whoa: My favorite word applies to this article featuring Texas

arbitragegls

All Conference
In this article The Univ of Texas AD Dodds brings up several points which we need to emblazen in our brains so that we all move forward together:
1. The GOR for the thirteen year period has not been agreed to and not signed--and not finalized
2. TV contract with ESPN and Fox could take up to 2 months or more to get negotiated and to get signed
--I believe part of the problem here is that ESPN (from my source at NCSTATE) is not being so quick to have realignment $$ upgrades nor look-ins as done with ACC
3. Insofar as the BCS and the NC debate, Dodds speaks to five (5) major conferences including the ACC and NOT the BE--they maynot qualify because they lost a lot of strength
4. Seems as if the Big 12 and SEC are up against the B1G, PAC12 and ACC insofar as how the teams will be selected for the semi-finals and NC. Big 12 and SEC are not keen on conference championship as that would mean only 1 team from their conference...this would help the ACC
5. Dodds thinks there is going to be significant realignment movement but not in the 5 strong BCS Conferences which will play a huge roll on how this whole thing rolls out (and he considers the ACC to be one of those conferences)

This is a good read and has some take-away points that should make us all feel better. By the way several of these points have been indicated by my source at NCstate as well. So maybe for the time being the ACC remains whole...and could get stronger.
THIS IS CORRECT LINK-THX TO ALL FOR TELLING ME LINK WAS WRONG

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...7202/texas-ad-no-compromise-on-playoff-models

ACC has 9 of the top 30 TV markets covered including 5 of the top 10.

Big 12 has 2 of 30 with both (Dallas & Houston) being in the top 10.

If the Big 12 added UConn they would be their 3rd biggest TV market in the conference.

Tallahassee, FL and Clemson, SC do not change those numbers.

He best guard his flank, lest his house of cards come a tumbling.

Link is to an article on Colorado. Where's the Texas article?

Two more quotes from him:

"It absolutely does that ...," Dodds said of the bowl that kicks off in 2014. "It puts us in the role of being in the top four."

"That eliminates the ACC, Big East and Mountain West," Dodds said. "That eliminates a lot of football teams, but you're accurate in what you're saying."

That takes some balls to say. Guess he has no worries about the gov't getting involved if he is so brazen about locking teams out of the NC.

Two more quotes from him:

"It absolutely does that ...," Dodds said of the bowl that kicks off in 2014. "It puts us in the role of being in the top four."

"That eliminates the ACC, Big East and Mountain West," Dodds said. "That eliminates a lot of football teams, but you're accurate in what you're saying."

That takes some balls to say. Guess he has no worries about the gov't getting involved if he is so brazen about locking teams out of the NC.

Those were said initially right after the Champions Bowl was announced...maybe reality that the ACC isn't going away is sinking in to Dodds (but the guy is a self-serving snake)...but as I see it the media is already trying to put the ACC in the Big East's old position and is running with the term "The Big Four". Frankly the only way the ACC can create a Big 5 is to win BCS Bowls against the other 4. The ACC is a Top 3 conference TV numbers wise but their on field performance is holding them back.

Those were said initially right after the Champions Bowl was announced...maybe reality that the ACC isn't going away is sinking in to Dodds (but the guy is a self-serving snake)...but as I see it the media is already trying to put the ACC in the Big East's old position and is running with the term "The Big Four". Frankly the only way the ACC can create a Big 5 is to win BCS Bowls against the other 4. The ACC is a Top 3 conference TV numbers wise but their on field performance is holding them back.

You may be right but fwiw the date on the article is May 30th.

The issue with the ACC right now is kind of a funny one because the only conference left for them to partner with is the one they tried to destroy. It will be hard for anyone to take the ACC champ seriously if they are stuck playing the BE champ or some other conferences 2nd or 3rd best team.

Totally agree about performance. The only difference between the B12 and the ACC right now is as of late the B12 two top teams have been relevant in the past decade where as the ACC's two top teams have not.

ACC has 9 of the top 30 TV markets covered including 5 of the top 10.

Big 12 has 2 of 30 with both (Dallas & Houston) being in the top 10.

If the Big 12 added UConn they would be their 3rd biggest TV market in the conference.

Tallahassee, FL and Clemson, SC do not change those numbers.

When are people here going to learn that "TV markets" mean jack squat in college football? Especially when it comes to the Northeast, it may very well be the most useless market for college football as everyone there only cares about the NFL.

Only an idiot would say "hmm Houston, TX is a bigger market than Columbia, SC, therefore the University of Houston is a better get than South Carolina". Completely disregarding the fact that one school sells out every single home game and has a bigger national following despite being in a smaller market.