whos been more important | Syracusefan.com

whos been more important

rosconey

All Conference
to the program these last 3 years
marrone or schaefer-

i for one am starting to thing marrone has been a bust as a offensive coach,almost a guru:bat:

our dc on the other hand has been the biggest reason su has won couchburn

Schaefer has been a stud, that is for sure.

Marrone seems to be a winner, doesn't seem to have the horses on offense yet.

Madrone...by far. Most people have no idea what the culture of this football program was like prior to Marrone's arrival. I'll leave it at that.

We are still rebuilding...people need to remember that.

44cuse

I am fine rebuilding for another year with nassib at qb, we better have an average offense soon though.. The excuses for the jergens crew are running out of tim, it's already borderline.. A difference maker at wr could be on the roster right now

I understand why people hate it when GRob is used as a barometer of Marrone's success, and I agree, it does create some sense of lowered expectations. However, we can't totally remove GRob from the equations. We are a fanbase that had been waiting a very long time for a competitive product. Well the product is now competitive, you can't let impatience from the previous regimes to bleed into the Marrone tenure. I just feel like people around here are way too negative given the fact the man hasn't even finished his third year, and still has a shot at 8 wins in two of those three campaigns. The offense leaves something to be desired, that is true. The recruiting isn't stellar, but I think it is solid. So, if we are already competitive and winning, the ceiling must be very high if we have so many issues.

to the program these last 3 years
marrone or schaefer-

i for one am starting to thing marrone has been a bust as a offensive coach,almost a guru:bat:

our dc on the other hand has been the biggest reason su has won couchburn

You do know that Shafer is the secondary coach now, right? Are you gonna blame him for the numerous blunders back there, or does he get a pass in your mind?

Really hate when people start a thread when they cant spell the coach's name correctly...seriously contemplating if this is a serious thread...but Marrone has been the most important, Shafer at 1A and Hackett at F

Really hate when people start a thread when they cant spell the coach's name correctly...seriously contemplating if this is a serious thread...but Marrone has been the most important, Shafer at 1A and Hackett at F

Hackett an F? He gets the blame for Nassib missing like 5 touchdown passes yesterday,right? Just checking

I understand why people hate it when GRob is used as a barometer of Marrone's success, and I agree, it does create some sense of lowered expectations. However, we can't totally remove GRob from the equations. We are a fanbase that had been waiting a very long time for a competitive product. Well the product is now competitive, you can't let impatience from the previous regimes to bleed into the Marrone tenure. I just feel like people around here are way too negative given the fact the man hasn't even finished his third year, and still has a shot at 8 wins in two of those three campaigns. The offense leaves something to be desired, that is true. The recruiting isn't stellar, but I think it is solid. So, if we are already competitive and winning, the ceiling must be very high if we have so many issues.

IMO you can tell what type of HC you have in year 3. That is the year IMO where his systems on O and D should start having an impact. That also is the year HIS recruits should start showing flashes of what they will one day become. My expectations for Marrone record wise has been make a Bowl years 1-3, then going forward 8-5 (4-3) is the bench mark. Have a season worse than that, it is a disappointing year. Have a season better, it is a good year. I think that is more than fair for our program.

Marrone over achieved last year record wise and likely will do so again this year. However looking toward the future I am concerned about both our O and D systems. I think both have left a lot to be desired in year 3. I am also very concerned that our O recruits haven't shown a thing and that we are lacking at DE. Who the hell is going to play opposite Chandler (hopefully he comes back) next year? Then again maybe we go 3-4 as our base D since we have a million LBs. Looking at our roster that would make a lot of sense.

Marrone brought us back from the dead. Syracuse football was at the bottom of the BCS for the 5 years before he got here, period. It is very difficult to change the preception of how other programs, recuits and certainly our own fans perceive a program that got humiliated, sometimes nationally, over and over again the past 10 years. Friends and everyone around me thought I was nuts to be a season ticket holder through all of this and they could not understand how anyone could be a fan. From the day HCDM took over, it was obvious from his first game through every game that he turned a corner just by being here and changing the players outlook and their appoach towards life. Rome wasn't built in a day and he has had a plan and his recruiting will progress through his success and over time. We have to be patient and enjoy the sucess he has brought in a short period.

His first round of recruits are not going to be at the level of the top programs in the country, but I truly believe that over time his recruiting will progress upon success. ...but it will take some time.

I think that we can easily see that our DC can better, more times than not,seem to take the talent he has and scheme something that gives you the feeling that we are trying to do something agressive and positive. With the exception of a few games here and their, you never feel that there are just flatout poor games and unimaginative schemes. Could sometimes be better at in game adjustments before the half but... Now on the other hand, the OC's we've had during the last several years...they fall into the "just can't seem to come up with something" category. When all is going wrong and they can't do the few things they can...they have no answers,can't make any in game adjustments,have no backup plan,can't come up with something. As for needing more explosive players and or receivers who can separate and all those other legitimate excuses, if you had them yesterday, with the way we presently play and run an offense, do you think it would have mattered? Coach Hackett is a young kind'a learning on the fly OC to me. He's less a 'wizard' than Shafer. I have no doubt that with 'talent' he'd be great...but so wouldn't most...with all sorts of talent. We gotta hope he continues to grow in his position. Hope we will continue to recruit better. Hope we can keep everyone together for year 5 or 6 where we will be more consistant and have more answers,on both sides of the ball, for games like this. Meantime, you got UConn coming. They will do the same type of things as best they can. We have like the last couple of years been exposed by this type of football game against these type of teams at this point in the season. We have to have faith that the coaches can make adjustments and scheme and plan to move the ball, no matter what talent you have now...Rob Moore has no eligibility left and Mike Williams is with the Buc's and...you get the point, you have what you have. So trust'em. use'em. Make'em step up. Go SU and lets hope to get to the best bowl game possible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom