Who's Getting Recruited in Central Mass Lacrosse? | Syracusefan.com

Who's Getting Recruited in Central Mass Lacrosse?

I wouldn't expect a Worcester newspaper to write stories about Duxbury kids.

Both Desko and Jay McDermott were named to the pre-season All-State team.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high...0/preseason-miaa-boys-lacrosse-all-state-team
Well, they've sunk as the season has gone on.

Top attackmen:

Rank​

Name​

High School​

College Commitment​

Class​
1​
Paul Hellar​
Duxbury​
Fairfield​
SR​
2​
Kevin Blair​
Hingham​
Providence​
SR​
3​
Nico Panepinto​
Needham​
Fairfield​
JR​
4​
Jay Drapeau​
Westford​
SO​
5​
Joey Pasquale​
Weston​
Hartford​
SR​
6​
Will Siefert​
Duxbury​
Roger Williams​
SR​
7​
Tim Giarrusso​
Thayer Academy​
Middlebury​
SR​
8​
AJ Lucchese​
Middlesex​
Brown​
JR​
9​
Tyler McKelvie​
Acton-Boxboro​
Keene State​
SR​
10​
Conor Helfrich​
Lawrence Academy​
Tufts​
SR​
11​
Peter Crane​
Wellesley​
Williams​
SR​
12​
Jack Rautiola​
Rivers​
Middlebury​
SR​
13​
Cam Joyce​
Archbishop Williams​
Southern New Hampshire​
SR​
14​
Tyler Reilly​
Grafton​
JR​
15​
Conor Roddy​
Medfield​
Williams​
SR​
16​
Cody Carbone​
North Reading​
Eastern Connecticut​
SR​
17​
Conor Healey​
Algonquin​
SR​
18​
Tucker Ciessau​
Scituate​
SR​
19​
Robbie Pisano​
Needham​
JR​
20​
John Brown​
Scituate​
SR​
21​
Jeff Desko​
St. John's Shrewsbury​
Syracuse​

SR

Top D:

Chris Coady​
BB&N​
Duke​
SR​
2​
James Burke​
Duxbury​
Penn State​
SR​
3​
Sam Tweed​
Middlesex​
Vermont​
SR​
4​
Pat Healy​
St. Seb's​
Notre Dame​
JR​
5​
Max Randall​
Duxbury​
Dartmouth​
SR​
6​
Ryan Macri​
Governor's​
UNC​
JR​
7​
Reilly Naton​
Duxbury​
Yale​
SR​
8​
Ryan Cassidy​
Wellesley​
Amherst​
SR​
9​
Ian Yanulis​
BC High​
Duke​
JR​
10​
Andy Carper​
Governor's​
UNC​
SO​
11​
Chase Williams​
Rivers​
Vermont​
SR​
12​
Brian Bowser​
Belmont Hill​
Bowdoin​
SR​
13​
Nate Menninger​
Newton North​
Hamilton​
SR​
14​
Steve Brown​
St. Seb's​
Middlebury​
SR​
15​
Matt O'Keefe​
Duxbury​
Johns Hopkins​
SR​
16​
Scott Frankenthaler​
Roxbury Latin​
Johns Hopkins​
SO​
17​
Connor Samuelson​
Longmeadow​
Springfield​
SR​
18​
Jay McDermott​
Duxbury​
Syracuse​
SR​
19​
Henry Bumpus​
Concord-Carlisle​
Brown (football)​
SR​

#18. The top D players from Dux are going to Penn State, Dartmouth, Yale and Hopkins.

Both Desko and Jay McDermott were named to the pre-season All-State team.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high...0/preseason-miaa-boys-lacrosse-all-state-team

Not that it matters, but there was a large club LAX tourney here in Charlotte last weekend son over to watch a couple of the games. When chatting with some of the coaches/players who commented on my SU garb I noticed some disturbing thoughts regarding Syracuse and Desko. Granted most of these guys were northern transplants from schools NOT named Syracuse and a few NC regional guys. Many of coaches were former players at the likes of Hofstra, RIT, RPI, Cortland, Nazareth, Albany, and southern reps from Limestone and Mars Hill (a mix of DI, DII and DIII).

I heard from a few coaches/parents "Why would I want to send my kid to Syracuse. Legacy players and coaches kids get priority in playing." It was an perception that I had not even conceived before. Is it possible that this is a larger/common perception or is more likely just some disgruntled folks who weren't recruited or couldn't play for the Orange? I imagine it's the latter, but disturbing nonetheless. The article above triggered my post with the Desko nephew recruitment.

I'm not worried about it. The kid will pay his own way and we'll see what happens. Not a big deal.

Always surprised to hear that people think Desko favored his son. Not sure who else would have done a better job off the bench.

I heard from a few coaches/parents "Why would I want to send my kid to Syracuse. Legacy players and coaches kids get priority in playing." It was an perception that I had not even conceived before. Is it possible that this is a larger/common perception or is more likely just some disgruntled folks who weren't recruited or couldn't play for the Orange? I imagine it's the latter, but disturbing nonetheless. The article above triggered my post with the Desko nephew recruitment.

So, Matt Abbott, Kenny Nims, and Derek Maltz shouldn't have played? :)

So, Matt Abbott, Kenny Nims, and Derek Maltz shouldn't have played? :)

Yeah, yeah and Danowski's kid and Tierney's kid both played for their dads as well and they weren't too shabby either. I was just surprised at the perception. I have rarely heard disparaging remarks about the program from people who know the game. I know, orange colored glasses.

I do think Tim played a little to much over Cody Jameson his senior year but other then that I never thought he was getting to much playign time as he missed nearly his whole junior year with an injury and sometime his sophmore year as well. If anything Desko is to loyal to his Seniors as Maltz played in like 3 games his freshmen year and Rice and others this year only saw garbage time. Most of these guys who were ragging on SU were likely pissed they couldnt have played here, as most of the schools you mentioned they were from havent won jack sh$t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom