Who's the Ringer? TBT Sweet 16 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who's the Ringer? TBT Sweet 16

The previous games were streamed online but the ESPN networks will televise the majority of games going forward with a couple being streamed on ESPN3.

Our next game is Thursday at (I think) 7

Our game is on ESPN2.

Southerland would be interesting, but are there minutes for him in a pretty deep frontcourt, especially if Donte ever makes it to a game?

Another guard like Rautins would be a better addition.

If we had a choice between the two I'd much rather have Rautins. Much better shooter and much better defensively and provides length at the top of the zone.

If we had a choice between the two I'd much rather have Rautins. Much better shooter and much better defensively and provides length at the top of the zone.
I like Rautins and think he's a very solid, scrappy player, but I'm not sure that he has an advantage over JS in any of those areas.

I like Rautins and think he's a very solid, scrappy player, but I'm not sure that he has an advantage over JS in any of those areas.

Southerland can't play the top of the zone. At least he never did at SU.

I love both players but Rautins is more diversified with his guard skills. Both can shoot but Rautins can pass, is a decent ball handler, can create for himself and others, while defensively he can pressure guards. Southerland is really a small forward with limited guard skills but who can rebound better than Rautins being 3 inches taller . Since it appears this team is short on guards, I would think that Andy would be a better fit for what this team needs. Wish there was a true point guard available. Too bad Scoop suffered that bad foot injury, he was never the same.

Not sure if this has been posted but apparently it is one of these 4 names:

Cooney, GMac, Southerland or Kris Joseph

Sounds like some on here have already heard it's Southerland

so if they win the big money, do the guys who do the late pop ins get as big a share as the guys who played every game/ ?

5XYYWhF.jpg

Ya. I don't hear much but I did hear from someone who would know, that it's Southerland.

He will obviously help regardless, but especially if Greene can't make it again.

I usually don't get much scoop on the Orange out here in Kansas but on this issue, I have sources that have confirmed the ringer is someone who has never been in my kitchen. Mystery solved!

Its obviously Carmelo. Screw the olympics

Would rather have Andy. Love James but Andy would have brought some ball handling and passing along with some perimeter defense. Right now the only guard that plays any defense on the perimeter is Triche. It's the teams biggest weakness along with quickness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom