Why are Northwestern tickets so cheap? | Syracusefan.com

Why are Northwestern tickets so cheap?

Eric15

Living Legend
Looking at StubHub... you can sit on the 50 yard line for like $15-20. I understand that it's a small school without a huge demand for tickets, but still. That just seems incredibly below general market price for a Big Ten football ticket.

Looking at StubHub... you can sit on the 50 yard line for like $15-20. I understand that it's a small school without a huge demand for tickets, but still. That just seems incredibly below general market price for a Big Ten football ticket.
Most of their students are studying in the library I guess...

I have seen 50 yard line low level seats for $6 for that game a couple weeks ago. I was blown away.

Small private school in a pro sports town?
University of Chicago takes all the sports glory in Chi-town. national camps - 1905, 1913; 7th big 10 championship was 1924. How could those snobby northsiders at Northwestern compete with that athletic tradition??

Small private school in a pro sports town?

I suppose you're right, but I figure it's still a Top 25 team playing at night in an area of 10 million people.

The unfortunate part is that you have to add at least $15 to the order to get your tickets. It's not the money that's bothering me, it's that the delivery of tix won't happen until either 9/6 or you pick them up at a Last Minute Stubhub Center. Neither sounds comforting. I guess NW doesn't deliver tickets to season ticket holders until right up close to that first game?

To answer your question though, there isn't much demand out there for Northwestern games outside of the big boys of the Big 10 coming. Small stadium, limited interest. Go look at their website, they sell some crazy package for the Ohio State and Michigan games where the minimum is upwards of $100. They figure if Ohio State and Michigan fans are going to take up half the stadium, you might as well make them pay for it.

The unfortunate part is that you have to add at least $15 to the order to get your tickets. It's not the money that's bothering me, it's that the delivery of tix won't happen until either 9/6 or you pick them up at a Last Minute Stubhub Center. Neither sounds comforting. I guess NW doesn't deliver tickets to season ticket holders until right up close to that first game?

To answer your question though, there isn't much demand out there for Northwestern games outside of the big boys of the Big 10 coming. Small stadium, limited interest. Go look at their website, they sell some crazy package for the Ohio State and Michigan games where the minimum is upwards of $100. They figure if Ohio State and Michigan fans are going to take up half the stadium, you might as well make them pay for it.
I've never had a problem picking up at last minute StubHub centers.

SU fans should take over the stadium, like hoops. If I didn't have something planned for that day at home, I would really think about a weekend in Chi-town.

I've never had a problem picking up at last minute StubHub centers.

So where are they generally? I've never done it, only had instant downloads or tickets delivered well in advance. My biggest issue why I don't want to deal with it is that I'm going to be coming directly from Wrigley and will be cutting it close to get to Evanston right for the start of the game. Also, because I'll be completely hopped up on Old Styles.

So where are they generally? I've never done it, only had instant downloads or tickets delivered well in advance. My biggest issue why I don't want to deal with it is that I'm going to be coming directly from Wrigley and will be cutting it close to get to Evanston right for the start of the game. Also, because I'll be completely hopped up on Old Styles.

I used one once, in Chicago for a Cubs game, and the location was a few blocks from Wrigley, actually. Very easy process.

I used one once, in Chicago for a Cubs game, and the location was a few blocks from Wrigley, actually. Very easy process.
It's Chip you're talking about here.;)

They will either have a permanent office, like here in midtown Manhattan, or they will rent out an open office space (like for the Elite 8 game in DC) or hotel room a couple of blocks from the arena/stadium. I'm not exactly sure how it would work for a NW football game, though.

I suppose you're right, but I figure it's still a Top 25 team playing at night in an area of 10 million people.
Yeah, but it's 10 million people that only care about Da Bears.

He can take care of it before the Cubs game.

BTW: my tickets arrive tomorrow. I'll see the Cubs on Friday. Saturday is all football... starting with the 11:00 games.

Why don't you hop on a plane and join me (and you're good pal Michael) in Chicago. You can be on ticket detail for football. Cubs game is all set. Old Styles are on me.

Why don't you hop on a plane and join me (and you're good pal Michael) in Chicago. You can be on ticket detail for football. Cubs game is all set. Old Styles are on me.
I'll be in the 315 that weekend. Would love to go!