Why are ppl so concerned with | Syracusefan.com

Why are ppl so concerned with

BRNCUSEFRVCUSE

Owns B-Reese
Who we are playing next and saying oh be carefull with South Florida (played absouletly no one, just beat all the botton feeders in the BE) coming up that team is no pushover, or wait im really concerned with playing uconn (they are a mess, their talented pieces dont fit, seen it before with them with Stanley robinson, aj price, jeff adrien team couple years back) on sat thier gonna be fired up with gameday in the house and they have talent really worried bout playing them. Or greatest on yet Lville is gonna want revenge on us in the season finale at the dome (listen were not losing on senior day for Kris and Scoop) not going to happen.

When it comes to the regular season the toughest stretch we got through the tough stretch of our schedule where and weathered the stetch when we didnt have Fab. Im not concerned bout any of our remaining opponents in the regular season.

Now when it comes to the BE tourny okay, I know were the best team and believe we will win the whole tournament however im not blind to know that there might be some teams playing desperate and see what happens with that.

Then the thing that annoys me the most after everything is. What team dont you want to see in our bracket. Did i miss something are we not 14-1 in our confrence and 27-1 overall. #2 team in the country although with Fab we should really be undfeated. Our team is the deepest in the country, the most talented in the country, we have a team with seniors, and multiple future nba pros, and lets not forget our hall of fame coach with closing in on 900 wins.

Teams should be saying we dont want to be in the bracket with Cuse in it. Why are we worrying who we face next, and trying to almost find ways how we could possibly lose. Its nonsense.

Were to good, and this is our year !!!

Agree with everything, I think most people on the board can see that we're not playing our best basketball at the moment, and although it's not making us lose, it's making games closer than they need to be, which is concerning towards the end of the year. It would be very nice to see a 25 point win with the lead not getting under 17 in the second half, but the team that's been on the court since the St. John's game hasn't displayed the ability to do that for some reason. USF is playing with a lot of confidence right now and will be looking to show that they're more than just a bottom feeder.

Offense needs to tighten up -- more movement, no errant alley-oop passes and better on the offensive boards. One thing that can be said is that Scoop has really thrived by getting into the lane the last few weeks, and I wonder if it's due to his ball handling ability or if he is an underrated athlete on this team. It would be encouraging to see a wire-to-wire beatdown before heading to UConn, where they will be riding high after last night and looking for revenge.

I said the same thing about GMacs senior day and we got thumped by Villanova. Nothing is a guarantee.

The reasons why these games are going to be tough is that they ar desperate teams and need the signature win to soidify their tourney resume. You dont think that USF is going to be playing for their lives on Wednesday? Not going to be an easy game. With Calhoun back Uconn also becomes a much more difficult game.

Matchups are everything. We need to be playing teams that love to score and not teams that try to keep the games in the 60's.

I said the same thing about GMacs senior day and we got thumped by Villanova. Nothing is a guarantee.

The reasons why these games are going to be tough is that they ar desperate teams and need the signature win to soidify their rourney resume. You dont think that USF is going to be playing for their lives on Wednesday? Not going to be an easy game. With Calhoun back Uconn also becomes a much more difficult game.

Matchups are everything. We need to be playing teams that love to score and not teams that try to keep the games in the 60's.

But that gmac team finished 7-9 in the BE, and gmac did what he did in the be tourney to get us in the ncaa tourney. And i meant more to in the ncaa tournament with ppl worrying who they dont want to see in our bracket

But that gmac team finished 7-9 in the BE, and gmac did what he did in the be tourney to get us in the ncaa tourney. And i meant more to in the ncaa tournament with ppl worrying who they dont want to see in our bracket
I was referring to the NCAA tournament.

There are about 6 teams that I do not want to see in our bracket. I can assure you that JB feels the same way. Style of play is everything and we need to have as few of the clutch grabbing meat grinder teams in our region as possible. That is why I want to see teams like Duke, Carolina in our bracket because these teams score and dont defend. Plays right into our hands. Seeing Mich State will not make me happy.

Just go watch the last 2 years and you will see what I am talking about.

You know whats funny...

We shot 50 percent last game and 5-12 from three and got to the line for 31 freethrows.
Thats not all that bad.

Rutgers shot 41% and our defense wasn't awfull they made some touch shots. Especially that white kid.
We held their D to 16%.

Just putting things inot perspective.

Rutgers had 12 more shots then us despite the Turnovers and offensive boards being a push.

*I think alot of it is just close games. If we are up by 7 the whole second half, teams don't cut it to 2-3, and we win down the stretch by say 10 I don't think people would care so much.

Problem is we have been up 6 alot recently, teams knock it down to a one possession game or a small lead, and we get up 2-3 points before they miss a big shot and we finally make one to put the game away.

I think alot of that is just the basketball gods helping RU on the road, UL on the road, Gtown becuase they are our rival and Uconn just because of their name. So don't look to much into it.

I think it is being proven we have go to playmakers. Scoop and Joseph have been the go to guys. Getting the ball to our seniors has been our best way to go. But I don't think there is anyone on this board that believes CJ, Dion(if he gets out of his slump), Triche(he was our go to guy last year), or Melo(good FT shooter) can't hit a big bucket down the stretch either.

Our team is the deepest in the country
Maybe in November, but now JB goes 7 deep in the first half and does not sub after halftime more or less.

Our team... is the most talented in the country
This honor belongs to UK, then there are a handful of teams in that second tier.

we have a team with seniors.
Talent neutralizes or even trumps experience in the 1-and-done era. Players who stay 4-years, generally speaking, do so because they are not good enough.

Why are we worrying who we face next?
Because we are beatable when teams slow it down and play defense - and JB is willing to accommodate a slower tempo.

I do agree the "I have a bad feeling", "trap game" stuff has gotten out of control at times. But I haven't heard too much concern about the USF game. I know I'm not worried about it. Uconn, well, if you watched the first 35min's of the game in the Dome and aren't a little concerned about going to their place for college gameday in what is going to be their Super Bowl, well I don't know what to tell you.

I do agree the "I have a bad feeling", "trap game" stuff has gotten out of control at times. But I haven't heard too much concern about the USF game. I know I'm not worried about it. Uconn, well, if you watched the first 35min's of the game in the Dome and aren't a little concerned about going to their place for college gameday in what is going to be their Super Bowl, well I don't know what to tell you.

I am not concerned. Its only potentially losing a game that has a little pride attached to it but nothing else. We are going to win the Big East regular season championship regardless, and be strongly seeded for the NCAA tournament, win or lose.

I get concerned about losing one game early in the season because it may let us know if we are any good or not. But at this point, I know we are damn good, and its all about whether we can execute in the one and done scenario. And there are no guarantees about that.

Maybe in November, but now JB goes 7 deep in the first half and does not sub after halftime more or less.

This honor belongs to UK, then there are a handful of teams in that second tier.

Talent neutralizes or even trumps experience in the 1-and-done era. Players who stay 4-years, generally speaking, do so because they are not good enough.

Because we are beatable when teams slow it down and play defense - and JB is willing to accommodate a slower tempo.
I agree with every point here.

I am not concerned. Its only potentially losing a game that has a little pride attached to it but nothing else. We are going to win the Big East regular season championship regardless, and be strongly seeded for the NCAA tournament, win or lose.

I get concerned about losing one game early in the season because it may let us know if we are any good or not. But at this point, I know we are damn good, and its all about whether we can execute in the one and done scenario. And there are no guarantees about that.

Yah that's fine. That is something different than "there's no way we're gonna lose this game" not worried.

" ...the toughest stretch we got through the tough stretch of our schedule where and weathered the stetch..."

Good God, man! Lay off the cocktails while posting. Or is that too much of a stretch?

The reasons why these games are going to be tough is that they ar desperate teams and need the signature win to soidify their tourney resume. You dont think that USF is going to be playing for their lives on Wednesday? Not going to be an easy game. With Calhoun back Uconn also becomes a much more difficult game.

Here is the karma that is stacking up against the Cuse on Saturday:
1. UConn brimming with confidence after a more-than-stunning comeback and OT winner last nite, won by a 35 ft jump shot.
2. Gamenite at Gampel
3. Calhoun will be back
4. Ever notice whenever a BE team REALLY needs a win to help its tournament chances it always seems to get it . Not saying......but....better look who the refs will be
5. SU is not playing their best, and 27-1 is rarified air around here.

Despite all that , the game still starts 0-0

4. Ever notice whenever a BE team REALLY needs a win to help its tournament chances it always seems to get it . Not saying......but....better look who the refs will be

Some will scoff, but there's something to this.

Otto, one only needs to see the Georgetown - Seton Hall game for evidence.

Bingo. The league office has been doing this for years. Top team is going up a team that needs a win? It'll be an 8-on-5 and the bubble team will prevail.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310250183
My god you forget anybody can beat anybody on any given night. You make USF sound like they are Colgate. You are the fan that is going to make me cringe the first 5 minutes of the 1-16 game.

I am a Cuse homer and wear my cuse colored glasses 24/7. And Usf has beaten the sisters of the poor in the be this year.

And let me make this statement. Im not worried !!! Yeah really going to lose sleep tonight thinking "oh man how r we going to stop that Augustus Ghilchrist".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom