Why are so many leaning Hackett over Shafer? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why are so many leaning Hackett over Shafer?

Question for people who might know offhand: how many assistants do college coaches who jump to the pros usually take with them? How many did Shady take, for instance?

Marrone was an NFL guy for a lot of years and knows a lot of NFL caliber coaches, I'm wondering how many of them he grabs as opposed to cleaning out the SU coaching pantry.

Question for people who might know offhand: how many assistants do college coaches who jump to the pros usually take with them? How many did Shady take, for instance?

Marrone was an NFL guy for a lot of years and knows a lot of NFL caliber coaches, I'm wondering how many of them he grabs as opposed to cleaning out the SU coaching pantry.
I wouldn't worry about that situation. You need guys with NFL experience on your staff. Our staff is good for college, but they'd get their a$$ handed to them every week in the NFL.

In reality, whoever the next SU HC is, he's probably going to keep a portion of the current staff because it's difficult to find good guys this late in the game. I'm afraid Shafer and Hacket will get poached fairly by some other college team quickly, though.

If I was KingTGD for a day:

1. Hackett HC
2. Shaf - assistant HC $600 gerper. Pays for a lot of hurt feelings.
3. The oldman at QB coach, he could be his Anselmo.
4. Anselmo retires - Greg Toal OLB/STC
5. Henderson goes with Marrone - Darius DB coach - there's your Central NJ/N Fla recruiter
6. Wheat goes - Bryce Bevill RBC - DC recruiter
7. Adkins goes - John Reagan - OC/OL - Texas recruiter, NY native.
8. And if there aren't too many clubs in the bag, the Cat as TE coach WPA recruiter.

I think you need some alum flavor on the staff

I like the idea of giving a balloon payment to Shafer, maybe even more than 600k, call him associate HC.

Also agree that Henderson will probably be Marrone's first assistant, wonder if he gets DC.

Haven't Wheatley and Adkins been our 2 best recruiters?

I think Wheatley's recruiting makes him a must keep....Assistant to the new OC and still RB coach?

I'd really enjoy being at the interviews of both Hackett and Shafer and hear what their thoughts are on how they would lead this team.

I see Moore and Henderson leaving with Doug at the very least.

Not really. I could care less about an unproven HS QB. All too many QB's were christened the second coming before they stepped foot on campus, only to be complete busts. You don't make a program HC decision based upon one recruit.
A-friggin'-men.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom