Why are you all shocked? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Why are you all shocked?

Why do you insist on casting aspersions on Baber's character?

You were at loss in an earlier post as to what could possibly be his motivation to win, as mind-boggling as that sounds. How about:

Ego, pride, honor, duty, integrity, character, accountability, loyalty, professionalism, work ethic, principle, and contractual obligation; in addition to the 4 million other obvious reasons.

my dude, I’ve said multiple times that I like Dino as a human...

Im just worried Dino is kinda in a rut. He doesn’t seem nearly as passionate as he did in the first 2-3 years... makes me sad. I love the guy

100% agree. Here's the problem. HCDB has no clue how to get us on track. It is time for Syracuse to get a coach with successful P5 coaching and recruiting experience. No more MAC coaches for us please. If Marone wants to come back after Jax fires him at end of the year i am all for that as a alternative.

Doug hated to recruit.
Does not meet your standard because of that.
Look elsewhere.

The bigger issue is if not Dino, who is capable of moving this program forward?
What's dino done to show he'd have success at any other program, he took over central illnois and had jimmy g waiting on him.
Took over Bowling green after dave clawson turned it around, won 10 games and went to Wake Forest.
Had one winning season here with a QB that was waiting for him, top 2 RBs not his leading WR not his.
He's gone to places took the pieces had their and had success but never build his own program. Look at his entire career, bouncing around position to position and school to school until he got to baylor which was as hot as any team and he took a chance on himself, go look at his texas a&m OC days.

This is not a place where you can't go win 6 games a year, we should schedule the OOC where we win 4 games 75% of the time, no less than 3-1, then you have to win 2-3 ACC games a year and you make a bowl. That's all you need to be successful here win 6-7 a year with the occasional bowl miss as often as the 8 win year. Dino isn't some world beater coach go look at his entire career and dig into it.

Doug hated to recruit.
Does not meet your standard because of that.
Look elsewhere.
Yea but doug could win without getting the stud recruits, all we want is 6-8 wins a year, doug can do that and not recruit, we'd all be happy.

What coach is coming to Syracuse that has both P5 coaching experience and recruiting experience? We’ll be damn lucky to get a coach with any successful P5 HC experience here
The program is in shambles. I am thinking a P5 coordinator or ex coach. Just look at what Locksley and Hugh Freeze have done to us the last two years

What's dino done to show he'd have success at any other program, he took over central illnois and had jimmy g waiting on him.
Took over Bowling green after dave clawson turned it around, won 10 games and went to Wake Forest.
Had one winning season here with a QB that was waiting for him, top 2 RBs not his leading WR not his.
He's gone to places took the pieces had their and had success but never build his own program. Look at his entire career, bouncing around position to position and school to school until he got to baylor which was as hot as any team and he took a chance on himself, go look at his texas a&m OC days.

This is not a place where you can't go win 6 games a year, we should schedule the OOC where we win 4 games 75% of the time, no less than 3-1, then you have to win 2-3 ACC games a year and you make a bowl. That's all you need to be successful here win 6-7 a year with the occasional bowl miss as often as the 8 win year. Dino isn't some world beater coach go look at his entire career and dig into it.
All true, but he like HCSS is a great great guy. I am just ready for a WINNER at HC.

Central Illinois?

1603067891645.png

1603068007978.png

Yea but doug could win without getting the stud recruits, all we want is 6-8 wins a year, doug can do that and not recruit, we'd all be happy.
The best move he made was converting Hogue and Smith to LB after the abysmal, slow, unathletic LB leftover from Grob. Those guys turned in to really productive players.

The program is in shambles. I am thinking a P5 coordinator or ex coach. Just look at what Locksley and Hugh Freeze have done to us the last two years

Hiring a P5 coordinator gives you a Shafer or GRob hire and hiring an ex HC gives someone who's not innovative.

The best move he made was converting Hogue and Smith to LB after the abysmal, slow, unathletic LB leftover from Grob. Those guys turned in to really productive players.
Jax was the joke of the NFL and he didn't do a bad job their, obviously they suck this year but coughlin is gone, telvin smith is gone, he didn't give nick foles that deal, he might not be the worlds greatest NFL coach but if we pulled a rutgers and brought him back I'd be pumped, I just don't see him wanting to come back here. He doesn't need the money and he'd probably rather coach an NFL O line with one of his buddies.

Jax was the joke of the NFL and he didn't do a bad job their, obviously they suck this year but coughlin is gone, telvin smith is gone, he didn't give nick foles that deal, he might not be the worlds greatest NFL coach but if we pulled a rutgers and brought him back I'd be pumped, I just don't see him wanting to come back here. He doesn't need the money and he'd probably rather coach an NFL O line with one of his buddies.
Yeah if we were the type of program that could allow him to get away with never recruiting and purely manage the program and oversee develop that would be great and we would likely do well. We aren't that though. He would need a school that recruits top talent on name alone.

Hiring a P5 coordinator gives you a Shafer or GRob hire and hiring an ex HC gives someone who's not innovative.
Would like to see a young upcoming small School Head Coach with a proven track record of being able to sell his program and a very strong track record as a recruiter.

But if his buyout is for millions and if he’s fired he gets the buyout...

It doesn’t matter if he wins or loses, he’s still getting his paycheck
That's pretty much the case for every P5 coach.

Would like to see a young upcoming small School Head Coach with a proven track record of being able to sell his program and a very strong track record as a recruiter.

That describes Dino except without the track record as a recruiter

What’s Dinos motivation to win?

And I’m not saying this rudely, but think about it, what’s his motivation

I’ll do you one better. What’s the players motivation to win?

Now you’re closer to the whole story. *exhibition season* *look fwd to 2021*

I’ll do you one better. What’s the players motivation to win?

Now you’re closer to the whole story. *exhibition season* *look fwd to 2021*

The other teams we face seem properly motivated. Why are we allowing it to be an excuse for us?

my dude, I’ve said multiple times that I like Dino as a human...

Im just worried Dino is kinda in a rut. He doesn’t seem nearly as passionate as he did in the first 2-3 years... makes me sad. I love the guy

This is what worries me. I see a lot of Dino career wise with myself. I work for a large company and I bounce around to the programs that are in distress. I relish in the struggle to help turn them around and getting them back on track. Once the program is on good footing I instantly am board and burn through a stockpile of vacation until the next dumpster fire appears. I have no interest in the daily business of a ho-hum program. I really think Dino was ready to bounce after the 10 and 3 season. I know that’s when I would have pulled the plug if I where in his shoes.

The other teams we face seem properly motivated. Why are we allowing it to be an excuse for us?

Do they?

We played:

1. UNC and Pitt teams that looked equally uninterested in playing good football, but at least were ranked and playing for something I guess
2. A GaTech team that stunk it up and def have the look of a young team in a pandemic (lose to us, beat other mediocre teams, get creamed by Clemson)
3. a Liberty team from the covid backwoods whom is oblivious to it's surroundings and wanted revenge/P5 scalp ... ie, motivated in a crazy "liberty" kinda way

Do they?

We played:

1. UNC and Pitt teams that looked equally uninterested in playing good football, but at least were ranked and playing for something I guess
2. A GaTech team that stunk it up and def have the look of a young team in a pandemic (lose to us, beat other mediocre teams, get creamed by Clemson)
3. a Liberty team from the covid backwoods whom is oblivious to it's surroundings and wanted revenge/P5 scalp ... ie, motivated in a crazy "liberty" kinda way

Did you forget about winless Duke?

Well i look at what Lochsley (P5 coordinator) and a 3 win MD team did to us last year almost 70 pts. Then I look at Freeze (former P5 coach) and Liberty almost rushing for 400 at Syracuse. Let me say that again. Some team named Liberty lined up its little Offensive line vs HCDB recruits and they almost had 400 rushing yds while humiliating us at home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom