Why are you all shocked? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Why are you all shocked?

Did you forget about winless Duke?

Yep. Well we romped them the year before and they were all talking about it to the media the week before so prolly similar category to Liberty

Well i look at what Lochsley (P5 coordinator) and a 3 win MD team did to us last year almost 70 pts. Then I look at Freeze (former P5 coach) and Liberty almost rushing for 400 at Syracuse. Let me say that again. Some team named Liberty lined up its little Offensive line vs HCDB recruits and they almost had 400 rushing yds while humiliating us at home

Both of those guys outcoached Dino on those days, those were also just one time wins for them. Last year Liberty got shut out at home and had negative yards rushing.

Should SU have kept G Rob cause he beat Notre Dame his last year?

Both of those guys outcoached Dino on those days, those were also just one time wins for them. Last year Liberty got shut out at home and had negative yards rushing.

Should SU have kept G Rob cause he beat Notre Dame his last year?
I am not a G Rob guy by any measure. My point is simply those guys took
1 a MD program in total shambles including the death of a player
2 starting a D1 programs from scratch
And came in and literally obliterated us. There was a article Sunday asking if this was our worse loss ever. Syracuse under Babers has 6 or 7 losses that could qualify for worst loss ever. Time to move on but NO MORE MAC coaches. Give me a P5 coordinator who can recruit OR a Freeze, or Les Miles type

Yep. Well we romped them the year before and they were all talking about it to the media the week before so prolly similar category to Liberty
So by your logic we should totally whip Clemson next week after the beating they put on us last year. Got it...

So by your logic we should totally whip Clemson next week after the beating they put on us last year. Got it...

We should be *motivated* to play. I think the gap between Duke/Liberty/Syracuse is very very very different than the gap from Clemson to Syracuse and we'll likely get destroyed.

We should be *motivated* to play. I think the gap between Duke/Liberty/Syracuse is very very very different than the gap from Clemson to Syracuse and we'll likely get destroyed.

That gap between Liberty and SU in a HC's 5th year should be as wide as it is between us and Clemson, maybe wider. They've literally played FBS football less than our HC has been our HC.

I am not a G Rob guy by any measure. My point is simply those guys took
1 a MD program in total shambles including the death of a player
2 starting a D1 programs from scratch
And came in and literally obliterated us. There was a article Sunday asking if this was our worse loss ever. Syracuse under Babers has 6 or 7 losses that could qualify for worst loss ever. Time to move on but NO MORE MAC coaches. Give me a P5 coordinator who can recruit OR a Freeze, or Les Miles type

There are success and failures from all backgrounds that head coaches are hired from, but a P5 coordinator that can recruit is a slippery slope at Syracuse.

That gap between Liberty and SU in a HC's 5th year should be as wide as it is between us and Clemson, maybe wider. They've literally played FBS football less than our HC has been our HC.

Um, no. Clemson is by far and away a million times more talented than 98% of teams in the CFB. We're in the 60's most years recruiting. The difference between a 3* and 4*/5* is a lot.

Liberty has an SEC level HC, access to transfers from the SEC, VA recruiting, and while I abhor their brand of religiousness - that can be a draw for some kids.

This isn't the 90's anymore.

Um, no. Clemson is by far and away a million times more talented than 98% of teams in the CFB. We're in the 60's most years recruiting. The difference between a 3* and 4*/5* is a lot.

Liberty has an SEC level HC, access to transfers from the SEC, VA recruiting, and while I abhor their brand of religiousness - that can be a draw for some kids.

This isn't the 90's anymore.
And we actually beat Clemson three years ago and almost again two years ago so not buying what you're selling on this one. Clemson is very talented, but we don't have FCS level talent either. Liberty had 63 FCS level scholarship players the year we won 10 games. We beat them 24-0 last year. What happened this year was really really bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom