Why aren’t we recruiting a QB | Syracusefan.com

Why aren’t we recruiting a QB

Dino-saur

Walk On
Jimbo Fisher recruits a QB every year. He says in this era of the transfer portal it is a necessity. For the love of God can we please add one!? DeVito has the arm talent but mentally he just doesn’t have the IQ and capacity to play QB and make reads/run a hurry up offense. Dungey took bad hits but at least he could spur the tempo and would go even faster when it was 4&short, a questionable catch, etc. DeVito runs the slowest hurry offense I’ve ever seen. Welch is gone next year and Summers has had the yips in practice.

Dino... find a QB!!! DeVito looks like he’s having a redshirt year on the field this year and has no push behind him.

Jimbo Fisher recruits a QB every year. He says in this era of the transfer portal it is a necessity. For the love of God can we please add one!? DeVito has the arm talent but mentally he just doesn’t have the IQ and capacity to play QB and make reads/run a hurry up offense. Dungey took bad hits but at least he could spur the tempo and would go even faster when it was 4&short, a questionable catch, etc. DeVito runs the slowest hurry offense I’ve ever seen. Welch is gone next year and Summers has had the yips in practice.

Dino... find a QB!!! DeVito looks like he’s having a redshirt year on the field this year and has no push behind him.
How can Clemson have arguably the best college QB as a sophomore and still recruit top QB’s EVERY year. There backup is fantastic and would be an upgrade for every other ACC team. Taisun Phommachanh last year and DJ Uiagalelei coming next year. That’s 4 stud QBs on a single roster. Many other blue blood programs are also stocked. With our QB friendly offense, it’s shocking why we don’t have more talent as the position. I like TD but our backups are not top half of the ACC strong. We would completely collapse offensively if we lose TD to injury

Last edited:
How can Clemson have arguably the best college QB as a sophomore and still recruit top QB’s EVERY year. There backup is fantastic and would be an upgrade for every other ACC team. Taisun Phommachanh last year and DJ Uiagalelei coming next year. That’s 4 stud QBs on a single roster. Many other blue blood programs are also stocked. With our QB friendly offense, it’s shocking why we don’t have more talent as the position. I like TD but our backups are not top half of the ACC strong. We would completely collapse offensively if we lose TD to injury

Because they win titles.

Some guys get all the chicks.

Because we have had only, one really good winning season and a bowl with this coaching staff.

I believe the transfer portal can be our friend.

We have been recruiting QBs we have just been missing out. My sense is that we are going to see 2 added this year as well as a few game ready OL. Expect transfers and Jucos. The Oline is in need a a serious make over.

Ok then how about ND, Michigan, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, A&M etc? When was their last title?

ND and Oklahoma were in the CFP last year. Michigan contends EVERY YEAR. A&M contends EVERY YEAR. Tennessee and VT don’t have good quarterbacks. Next question.

We have our eyes (and an offer out) on one that we've been pushing for and have backups for that guy as well. Your post is obviously heavy on the knee-jerk but do some research next time.

Spann looks legit! Seems to be high on the florida schools. Definitely the dual threat QB that would fit what we need to do offensively.

Surprising there's not a thread on this board, but Gregory Spann, Lakewood HS
angry girl.gif

If you go without a quarterback you don't need an offensive line either. Recruiting win-win if I ever saw one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom