Why Can We All See It But JB & Staff Don't? | Syracusefan.com

Why Can We All See It But JB & Staff Don't?

SUOrangeSU

All Conference
I think we all can agree..we would love to add a few kids more to the roster (ie grad transfers, HS kids or hell even a regular transfer).

It's still extremely early in this process so this could be, more or less, hypothetical...

But why would JB essentially go through another season without any emergency depth? This past year, it was out of our control..people quitting, injuries etc. Why would he want to roll the dice again on it?

I know he's stubborn and all that (I actually know JB personally...Dad plays golf with him at Wayne Hills all the time).
I just can't wrap my brain around it. There is still talent out there, some I've seen full on videos and clips of.

Guess the point of this thread is a place holder when in 9 months he is on the mic and complaining about missing pieces and he doesn't have what he needs to win or get through the ACC...where we can look back and say "You had your chance"

How do you know the staff is not looking to add to the roster?

Had anyone here heard about Marek Dolezaj before he signed a LOI last year? I don't remember any recruiting threads about him. :):)

Last edited:
How do you know the staff is not looking to add to the roster?
Good point but there's a lot of repetitive sayings of this, coming out...I guess I can kind of confirm with dash and Dreaming that I'm hearing the same thing that they are essentially staying pat with the roster unless something falls in their lap...we're all dealing with second hand "hearsay" but when a few people are saying the same thing...idk..smoke, there's fire? Also, Griffs interview didn't exactly give me hope

rotation rotation rotation. when the camera pans past the scorers table best have 2 kids sitting there.

Also, Griffs interview didn't exactly give me hope

Actually, Griff's interview DID give me hope. He said basically that he had not had a chance to talk to the other coaches, because they were all spread out, but when they got back to Syracuse they would sit down and talk about the situation. It sounded like they know they have one... a situation, that is.

Last edited:
I think someone on the staff stated there were not looking to add at this time. The season just ended yesterday. They aren’t going to announce we are now desperately looking to fill Darius s shoes. But of course reasonable people are going to entertain anything or person that may help them and of course they are gonna shake the bushes because they want to win and are paid to do it. I imagine they have an awareness of market opportunities and their phones are ringing from contacts knowing their situation

Why would Boeheim announce unknown intentions so early on given zero chance to evaluate options ? He’s no dummy and has no interest in satisfying our curiosities right now

well you're rolling up to the starting line and just dropped a cylinder. i hope you have a back up plan in the shop.

We have reason for concern. We have holes in this roster. There is talent out there and not a peep out this staff. Not to long ago we were ranked first in the country. This is Syracuse and there are expectations here

Last edited:
We have reason for concern. We have holes in this roster. There is talent out there and not a peep out this staff. Not to long ago we were ranked first in the country. This is Syracuse and there are expectations here

Since the staff isn't allowed to comment on recruiting, I wouldn't expect any peeps until someone signs an NLI.

I'm wondering what exactly you are hoping for as far as communication from the staff? A letter to all season ticket holders asking for input on recruiting? Renting a plane to pull a banner soliciting any unsigned 5 star recruits to call 1-800-BOEHEIM?

I think we all can agree..we would love to add a few kids more to the roster (ie grad transfers, HS kids or hell even a regular transfer).

It's still extremely early in this process so this could be, more or less, hypothetical...

But why would JB essentially go through another season without any emergency depth? This past year, it was out of our control..people quitting, injuries etc. Why would he want to roll the dice again on it?

I know he's stubborn and all that (I actually know JB personally...Dad plays golf with him at Wayne Hills all the time).
I just can't wrap my brain around it. There is still talent out there, some I've seen full on videos and clips of.

Guess the point of this thread is a place holder when in 9 months he is on the mic and complaining about missing pieces and he doesn't have what he needs to win or get through the ACC...where we can look back and say "You had your chance"

Do you think it would have been a good idea for our contact with Dolezaj to get out (it was uncovered but not to the extent of what we learned after the fact as far as timeline)? If the staff is working something right now, I am glad that we know nothing. It means everyone else knows nothing too.

This forum never disappoints. Because the staff hasn’t made what they are doing public, they must be nothing seems to be what is being suggested.

GoToThe Hole assures us that there’s talent out there.

Well, maybe.

351 D-1 schools have just scoured the country looking for talent. They’ve probably signed north of 1,000 players including JC transfers. The prospect landscape must look a little bit like Oklahoma a year after the great land rush. “Picked over” is an apt descriptor, I submit.

Of course, every year the Washington Post lists the top players in the area and where they are going to college. There are usually a fair number of high-talent kids who are “Undecided” even way after NLI day. In this case the “Undecided
“ is usually code for “These kids can play but no college will touch them with a 10 foot pole because of academic issues or an occasional armed robbery charge pending”.

This will be fun to watch.

Not many minutes to go around if Sid is 100% healthy.

I'm down to look around Europe for a second Marek or scout Juco for a versatile forward who can play wing and the 5 but again there isn't enough playing time to lure a top grad transfer.

He only has two sons

They’re out there looking all the time. Like my wife and houses...
Please dont tell me you’re the house on 12th and Bethany Home that has the big Syracuse Flag in the front yard

I have submitted a manifesto to coach Boeheim from this board, requiring him to keep us fully informed about every recruiting thought that enters his and his staff's collective heads. Full disclosure will be the order of the day, and I'm awaiting his acknowledgement back any day now.

A new day is dawning people, and I'll keep you all posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom