Why Can We All See It But JB & Staff Don't? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why Can We All See It But JB & Staff Don't?

Why do people here feel like the coaches are obligated to report their intentions to them? You think these guys need to check in with the message board fanbase and let them know what their next plan of action is? You think they know less and care less than a bunch of people on a message board?

My God, calm down. There will be a Syracuse basketball team next year.

I think the opposite is a more likely scenario.

The forum has NFC.

Because we want, nay, we deserve answers right now! And if we don't get the answers we want, well... heads should roll.
Exactly! The very idea that anyone anywhere gives a flying f about the opinions on this board are is beyond ludicrous.

It reminds me of someone in seat 36B critiquing the pilots performance, the route taken and the gate the plane taxis to. (Assuming they themselves aren’t pilots)

Exactly! The very idea that anyone anywhere gives a flying about the opinions on this board are is beyond ludicrous.

It reminds me of someone in seat 36B critiquing the pilots performance, the route taken and the gate the plane taxis to. (Assuming they themselves aren’t pilots)

Just to be a devil's advocate, while I realize the chances are miniscule at best, given OBJ's use of this site, can't you at least imagine there are parents of potential recruits out there doing google searches for sites like these to see what the insiders are saying? Not saying we should censor ourselves because of the possibility, but rather it's just something to think about, especially for the folks who think they have insider knowledge and choose to share.

Just to be a devil's advocate, while I realize the chances are miniscule at best, given OBJ's use of this site, can't you at least imagine there are parents of potential recruits out there doing google searches for sites like these to see what the insiders are saying? Not saying we should censor ourselves because of the possibility, but rather it's just something to think about, especially for the folks who think they have insider knowledge and choose to share.

Well, if they go to more than the SU fan web site, they'll soon find that other "fan" bases are similarly unrealistic and filled with people who feel they know more than the coaching staff. Or who suggest they have special, inside knowledge.

I've told this story before, but for a couple of years I worked for a guy who was on the senior staff of a large US Corporation. A number of times I sat in on the senior staff meeting in his absence where controversial topics were discussed and decisions made. So when rumors started flying about this or that or why things were being done or who was in and who was out, I frequently knew the real answer.

But I couldn't say or even suggest what the truth was because that would betray the trust of my boss who had sent me to represent him under the agreement that I wouldn't share what I had heard with others.

What I did learn was that the rumors were rarely right. In some cases they were obviously guesses. Other times there was a kernel of truth in them, but that was surrounded by untruths. Sometimes they reflected what might have been true for a period of time.

It seemed to me that some people just did not want to admit they weren't in the know and would just make stuff up.

If anyone thinks they are hearing the real deal on here, they should never answer their phone because it might be a phony Windows Technician calling to address the problem they have on their home computer.

Trust no one.

Well, if they go to more than the SU fan web site, they'll soon find that other "fan" bases are similarly unrealistic and filled with people who feel they know more than the coaching staff. Or who suggest they have special, inside knowledge.

I've told this story before, but for a couple of years I worked for a guy who was on the senior staff of a large US Corporation. A number of times I sat in on the senior staff meeting in his absence where controversial topics were discussed and decisions made. So when rumors started flying about this or that or why things were being done or who was in and who was out, I frequently knew the real answer.

But I couldn't say or even suggest what the truth was because that would betray the trust of my boss who had sent me to represent him under the agreement that I wouldn't share what I had heard with others.

What I did learn was that the rumors were rarely right. In some cases they were obviously guesses. Other times there was a kernel of truth in them, but that was surrounded by untruths. Sometimes they reflected what might have been true for a period of time.

It seemed to me that some people just did not want to admit they weren't in the know and would just make stuff up.

If anyone thinks they are hearing the real deal on here, they should never answer their phone because it might be a phony Windows Technician calling to address the problem they have on their home computer.

Trust no one.

Fair points.

Why do people here feel like the coaches are obligated to report their intentions to them? You think these guys need to check in with the message board fanbase and let them know what their next plan of action is? You think they know less and care less than a bunch of people on a message board?

My God, calm down. There will be a Syracuse basketball team next year.

Exactly. I won't be thrilled at all if we can't add some depth to the frontcourt, but I'll let it play out and see where we are in October before I get worked up.

Well it's 4/4 at 1230 and we haven't signed that Lithuanian kid out in NH yet.

Can we start the meltdown now?

Well it's 4/4 at 1230 and we haven't signed that Lithuanian kid out in NH yet.

Can we start the meltdown now?
Only if you issue some wild ultimatum to JB, Wildhack or the University and ask "Mother May I" first.

Because the staff knows a lot more than we do about each player and their interest levels. Plus I’m sure they’re working on players we know nothing about yet. Us fans don’t even know half of what’s really going on behind the scenes.

I think we all can agree..we would love to add a few kids more to the roster (ie grad transfers, HS kids or hell even a regular transfer).

It's still extremely early in this process so this could be, more or less, hypothetical...

But why would JB essentially go through another season without any emergency depth? This past year, it was out of our control..people quitting, injuries etc. Why would he want to roll the dice again on it?

I know he's stubborn and all that (I actually know JB personally...Dad plays golf with him at Wayne Hills all the time).
I just can't wrap my brain around it. There is still talent out there, some I've seen full on videos and clips of.

Guess the point of this thread is a place holder when in 9 months he is on the mic and complaining about missing pieces and he doesn't have what he needs to win or get through the ACC...where we can look back and say "You had your chance"
Give them a break. They had their AA coming in to play 30-35 minutes a game. They had their other forward to play 30-35 a game. They had their back up forward to cover both spots. They had a 4th developmental forward.
Presumably, they are confident in their 2 centers.
They have 3 new guards, plus at least one returner.
They were blindsided by Baze leaving, and Moyer was at best a recent revelation, but not someone who needed replacing.
People are complaining they should have anticipated the kid going to the G league and therefore the roster is mismanaged.
Infreakingcredible.

Give them a break. They had their AA coming in to play 30-35 minutes a game. They had their other forward to play 30-35 a game. They had their back up forward to cover both spots. They had a 4th developmental forward.
They were blindsided by Baze leaving, and Moyer was at best a recent revelation, but not someone who needed replacing.
People are complaining they should have anticipated the kid going to the G league and therefore the roster is mismanaged.
Infreakingcredible.

Not even close to what I'm saying...I didn't even mention the bazely situation. That stuff happens sometimes

We have reason for concern. We have holes in this roster. There is talent out there and not a peep
out this staff. Not to long ago we were ranked first in the country. This is Syracuse and there are expectations here
I don't know what the staff has in mind. Whatever it is, they have no obligation to inform you, or me, or anyone else about their plans.

Not many minutes to go around if Sid is 100% healthy.

I'm down to look around Europe for a second Marek or scout Juco for a versatile forward who can play wing and the 5 but again
there isn't enough playing time to lure a top grad transfer.
An important point that needs to be made.

Yeah. Kids don't just bail on a signed LOI for any reason (unless the coach leaves)...let alone to go to the G league.

Re: "The Bazley situation"--That stuff had never happened before.
I mean this situation has happened with a few other programs..first to the G league? Yes..but UoA lost Jennings and UoL lost the big guy Tyler(?) pretty late in the process too...Like Griff said, these things happen in this world

Infreakingcredible.

People really are saying the staff should've anticipated Baz going to the G League?

The only issue I have is perhaps JB could be a little more in touch with our recruits/ commits.

I'd like to add a player or two and if there are attractive options out there (beyond what's available now), I believe we will jump in. Right now, I'd expect us to stand pat until the options improve. If and then, we will pounce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom