Why Clemson Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Clemson Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
Why Clemson will win

- Because they are Clemson and we’re not. The close games of the last two years are illusions. Two years ago, after beating us 0-54 the previous year, they had no reason to think we could compete with them. Last year they were changing quarterbacks and their offense with it. In both games we knocked their quarterback out of the game. They are coming in fully healthy, having heard that the Syracuse game would be their biggest ACC challenge this year. We are going to get full Clemson, doubled barreled and find out that we are still way short of what they are.

- They can do everything Maryland did to us and more. I think that Maryland game was all about the tackles: our young offensive tackles couldn’t handle their pass rush and the loss of Chris Slayton and Bear Williams meant that Kendall Coleman and Alton Robinson were facing more blockers than they’d seen last year when they got to make all those big plays. Dino Babers said that our elephants and hippos have to grow up. He’s said that will happen “between the 4th and the 6th week”, which seems a favorite phrase. Unfortunately, this is our third game. They will have a lot of growing pains this week.

- Their quarterback, (Trevor Lawrence), running back, (Travis Etienne) and top receiver (Tee Higgins) may all be NFL stars in a couple of years. This is like playing the Kansas City Chiefs. Lawrence didn’t play well against Georgia tech and Etienne didn’t have a big game against Texas A&M. It didn’t matter. Basically, all their players are guys we wish they had. We play for respect. They play for national championships.

- Do you detect a pattern here: 14-49, 6-16, 27-37, 0-54, 27-24, 23-27. They are due for a blow-out win.

Why Clemson will win

- Because they are Clemson and we’re not. The close games of the last two years are illusions. Two years ago, after beating us 0-54 the previous year, they had no reason to think we could compete with them. Last year they were changing quarterbacks and their offense with it. In both games we knocked their quarterback out of the game. They are coming in fully healthy, having heard that the Syracuse game would be their biggest ACC challenge this year. We are going to get full Clemson, doubled barreled and find out that we are still way short of what they are.

- They can do everything Maryland did to us and more. I think that Maryland game was all about the tackles: our young offensive tackles couldn’t handle their pass rush and the loss of Chris Slayton and Bear Williams meant that Kendall Coleman and Alton Robinson were facing more blockers than they’d seen last year when they got to make all those big plays. Dino Babers said that our elephants and hippos have to grow up. He’s said that will happen “between the 4th and the 6th week”, which seems a favorite phrase. Unfortunately, this is our third game. They will have a lot of growing pains this week.

- Their quarterback, (Trevor Lawrence), running back, (Travis Etienne) and top receiver (Tee Higgins) may all be NFL stars in a couple of years. This is like playing the Kansas City Chiefs. Lawrence didn’t play well against Georgia tech and Etienne didn’t have a big game against Texas A&M. It didn’t matter. Basically, all their players are guys we wish they had. We play for respect. They play for national championships.

- Do you detect a pattern here: 14-49, 6-16, 27-37, 0-54, 27-24, 23-27. They are due for a blow-out win.

I hate to "Like" it. But it's hard to argue with it.

I hate to "Like" it. But it's hard to argue with it.

I just want to be proud of the team at the end of the day. Pride was hard to come by last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: FAL
I just want to be proud of the team at the end of the day. Pride was hard to come by last week.
One bad game and you want to abandon ship. Some statements are pathetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom