Why did UNC release Julius Peppers transcript and how did he remain eligible? | Syracusefan.com

Why did UNC release Julius Peppers transcript and how did he remain eligible?

I hope they got a release. That "college" should be ashamed.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

He didn't seem to like his "Black Experience" class.

Is that seriously a college curriculum? I see very few classes that I would consider core classes for a major, unless his major was Sociology with the concentration on African American Studies. Most look like elective classes. What the heck is "independent studies"? Is that where the student chooses the topic and studies it? I apologize for being a nimrod, but I was was used to a heavy dose of math and sciences. Electives were reserved for Seniors.

He didn't seem to like his "Black Experience" class.

Is that seriously a college curriculum? I see very few classes that I would consider core classes for a major, unless his major was Sociology with the concentration on African American Studies. Most look like elective classes. What the heck is "independent studies"? Is that where the student chooses the topic and studies it? I apologize for being a nimrod, but I was was used to a heavy dose of math and sciences. Electives were reserved for Seniors.

7 players from the 2005 National Championship team majored in the same fraudulent African American studies department. Even Tyler Hansbrough took a ton of AfAM studies classes even though he was a communications major. Google Tyler Hansbrough and Swahili.

This story is about to blow wide open, UNC will be Penn Stated, and the mainstream media is about to have egg all over their faces for refusing to cover this for so long.

I can't get the site to open now. Maybe someone realized he didn't consent to that?

This story is about to blow wide open, UNC will be Penn Stated, and the mainstream media is about to have egg all over their faces for refusing to cover this for so long.

Hardly...this will be like steroids in baseball. "Oh wow..colleges are cheating? How surprising...ok, I am turning back to the Real Housewives now. Ho hum."

After seeing on some Carolina forums and message boards the arrogant fans post comments about Syracuse saying they didn't want our program of thugs, pedophilia, and then drugs in their conference I would love to see them get exposed and hit hard with sanctions. They have this holier than thou attitude and talk about recruits like they do the players a favor by offering them and letting them play for UNC. They talk about the zone sometimes too and call it a defense for cowards and lazy players.

You would think, but someone released Eric Bledsoe's High School transcripts, so who who knows.

That stuff rubs me the wrong way.

I mean looking at the transcript, seems pretty obvious the guy shouldn't have been eligible, but unless he consented that stuff shouldn't get out.

jpepreport.png
jpepreport.png

Click on the smaller one to the left, then when it pops up click on the expand arrow in the top right hand corner.

My favorites:
- Required Activities
- Stagecraft
- Northeast Africa
- Southern Africa
- Field Research
- Blacks in Latin America
- 1.824 GPA

Looks like UNC academic advisor Carl Carey got a professor to change the grade in his drama class to keep Peppers eligible his freshman year. This is huge considering you can now see his full transcript and Carey is now Peppers agent.

This is from a couple of years ago before any of this academic scandal was known about. http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/columns/misc/1511385.html

Did his F in Algebra satisfy the math requirement?

last i knew algebra was not acceptable as a college course and was always a pre-requirement.. he failed it anyways..

As a very proud Carolina (& SU) alum, the whole thing is a mess and embarrassment. I love my Heels' sports, but what went on was way too high a price to pay & is unacceptable. I had always hoped & expected that both of my schools stood for more than just wins on the field.

My hope is for a full investigation with real reforms and the acceptance of whatever punishment fits the crimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a very proud Carolina (& SU) alum, the whole thing is a mess and embarrassment. I love my Heels' sports, but what went on was way too high a price to pay & is unacceptable. I had always hoped & expected that both of my schools stood for more than just wins on the field.

My hope is for a full investigation with real reforms and the acceptance of whatever punishment fits the crimes.

Nice post - great sentiment.

Good post. A lot of Heel fans down here in NC are still in denial about this- I would think if you hold a UNC degree that you undoubtedly worked hard to obtain, you would be very concerned about certain students getting class credit for fraudulent courses at your school.

Who ing cares? These guys are there to play basketball, not earn a degree, or at least 90 percent of them at major D1 colleges. Im not sure what the outrage is all about. Guarantee you stuff like this goes on nearly everywhere. These guys are semipro bball players. I could not care less if the majored in Christmas tree ornamentation.

Who ******* cares? These guys are there to play basketball, not earn a degree, or at least 90 percent of them at major D1 colleges. Im not sure what the outrage is all about. Guarantee you stuff like this goes on nearly everywhere. These guys are semipro bball players. I could not care less if the majored in Christmas tree ornamentation.

Agreed.

The Doyel article is particularly hilarious. That's the same dude that said that there's no way that the NCAA would touch Penn State, and that UNC and KU are the only two schools in the country that offer African-American studies as a major. Dude is a shock jock and nothing else.

Don't expect much to come of this. Maybe a couple of articles here and there, but the NCAA won't and shouldn't get involved.

Who ******* cares? These guys are there to play basketball, not earn a degree, or at least 90 percent of them at major D1 colleges. Im not sure what the outrage is all about. Guarantee you stuff like this goes on nearly everywhere. These guys are semipro bball players. I could not care less if the majored in Christmas tree ornamentation.

The NCAA cares and we should all care... If a prospect isn't into school and wants to ball for money (if he has the talent), he can go straight to the league without bothering to take basket weaving. If not, he can line up for a job at Walmart, get an associate's degree at a community college or (if he's got brains and guts), go into the military.

On the other hand, if the prospect wants to learn something at a 4 year school while developing his athletic talent, and he accepts a scholarship, then you're darn right he better also accept the responsibility of being a student athlete. There are too many problems (and too much ignorance) in this world for scholarships to be used as ruses to inflate someone's pro contract. If someone (on scholarship) doesn't value education, he's taking the chair of someone else who does.

I'm not saying it's never right to leave school to take millions of dollars -- but certainly while at school on scholarship, we should expect our athletes to attend legitimate classes and get passing grades. In the end, they'll probably find out that their education was far more valuable than their 40 time.

The NCAA cares and we should all care... If a prospect isn't into school and wants to ball for money (if he has the talent), he can go straight to the league without bothering to take basket weaving. If not, he can line up for a job at Walmart, get an associate's degree at a community college or (if he's got brains and guts), go into the military.

On the other hand, if the prospect wants to learn something at a 4 year school while developing his athletic talent, and he accepts a scholarship, then you're darn right he better also accept the responsibility of being a student athlete. There are too many problems (and too much ignorance) in this world for scholarships to be used as ruses to inflate someone's pro contract. If someone (on scholarship) doesn't value education, he's taking the chair of someone else who does.

I'm not saying it's never right to leave school to take millions of dollars -- but certainly while at school on scholarship, we should expect our athletes to attend legitimate classes and get passing grades. In the end, they'll probably find out that their education was far more valuable than their 40 time.

Only they CANT go into the league now can they. These kids give far more to the university than they get back. The universities receive large dollars in revenue and national acclaim from the work (yes , its work...) these kids put in. I dont remember the last time someone bought a ticket to watch a kid take a calc exam or bought a jersey of the number one trombone player in the nation. the universities make out like bandits, paying these guys a penance of what they bring in .

should these guys be paid? im not saying that..im just saying that lets not get all up in arms when we find out that the student athlete thing is a rouse. I dont feel they owe anything to the universities other than not comitting crimes and such public relations entities. So much of the prestige these schools have is due to their sports programs and everyone knows what is going on behind closed doors. I do not care. i just want to watch games. If i wanted to watch a true battle of student athletes playing bball, I would be a big fan of IVY league sports..and im not..few are..why? cause they just aren't very good. It simply too rare to find smart people with crazy athletic ability. they exist in numbers similar to hot girls without attitudes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom