Why do you hate? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why do you hate?

Pittsburgh and NC State.

their existence is to beat Syracuse when Syracuse either can’t afford a loss, or to derail a positive Syracuse run.

Can’t stand them.

Duke students are insufferable nerds.

Kansas, UNC and Kentucky because they blatantly cheat and currently live in the loft above the NCAA’s wheelhouse.

Pittsburgh and NC State.

their existence is to beat Syracuse when Syracuse either can’t afford a loss, or to derail a positive Syracuse run.

Can’t stand them.

Duke students are insufferable nerds.

Kansas, UNC and Kentucky because they blatantly cheat and currently live in the loft above the NCAA’s wheelhouse.
Well done!

Uconn is the worst. EASILY.

LOL at hating Rutgers. Like hating the early 90’s Pats or the Washington Generals

I think mocking Rutgers (would not call it hate) is just part of human nature to a certain degree.

As kids many have mocked the less fortunate, and thankfully many of us are taught this is not appropriate.

But this instinct still comes out in more safer environs -- the world of sport fandom. Across all sports many fans like to make fun of teams that are at bottom of the barrel. And that is where Rutgers typically has come in.

Pitt and UConn are hyper annoying to me because I still recall the time when they were teams we thought of as cannon fodder. Pitt maybe was more competitive but during my formative years they were not really a contender to do anything in the Big East or the NCAAT. UConn was on a tier below Seton Hall. So it was much tougher to accept losing to those teams decades later. I don’t care how many championships UConn has, I will always view them as a bottom dwelling team that isn’t truly a power. This isn’t necessarily logical it’s just what happens when you grew up in a world where they were a cupcake. I suppose it would like how UNC fans would feel if suddenly Clemson goes 9-2 against them over the next couple years and wins a couple ships over super weak opponents in the final.

I hate teams that push the envelope as far as physical contact, knowing that the refs aren't going to call everything and the coaches that tell them to do that. Referees tend to call was is beyond the norm for a team. If we are trying to stay in front of the ball, block shots and make steals and the other team is hand-checking, elbowing, pushing and shoving and the refs appear in the box score to have called the game evenly because they called about the same number of fouls on both teams when they were using a different standard to judge each team, that's just not fair. But it happens a lot, especially in the Big John Thompson era at Georgetown, the Jim Calhoun era at UCONN, the Jamie Dixon era at Pitt and the Rick Pitino era at Louisville. We were playing basketball in those games. The opposition was playing something else.

Did I mention I hate Louisville?

LOL at everybody who has an opinion. Ha ha ha!

On that list what team do I hate the most that’s easy Rutgers!!!! UConn is a close second, Duke is definitely getting up there and has the potential to be a massive rivalry but we need to start winning again because when you put 35,000 and you got two teams that are very good that’s a marquee game

I'm conflicted... I'm married to a dook fan. :(

Actually I'm not (conflicted that is). Dook is the worst. The absolute worst. My in-laws are okay, but when it comes to dook, they're intolerable. Once Coach K leaves, many won't know what to do. Dook has such a hypocritical, elitist, arrogant fan base. Bring up the potential of cheating, they look to Kentucky cause no way they need to cheat. Everyone wants to go to dook. They get beat, it's because every team plays gets up for them or they got screwed by the refs. When they're disliked by opposing fans, it's because they're the best program in the country and everyone else is just jealous. Mention a rivalry outside of UNC, no other team is worthy. They all secretly have pics of Laettner under their pillow - I caught my wife with one.
As long as Laettner doesn’t have pic of her under his pillow.

Lately I hate all the teams that are scott free of any punishment for infractions that would instantly land Syracuse the death penalty.

Honestly Notre Dame fans after going to cuse game at yankee stadium have literally taken the cake for me. The most entitled ignorant fan base I’ve ever seen or heard in my life. I can’t even explain it. That subway ride was making my blood boil to the game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom