Why does everyone act like Kansas has this unreal resume? | Syracusefan.com

Why does everyone act like Kansas has this unreal resume?

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Being a cuse fan aside, if we are really looking at body of work, why wouldn't we take their 2 seed?(not complaining about the 3, just bringing up a point) Imagine if we had 9 losses with the same resume? We'd without a doubt be lucky to be a 5.

Being a cuse fan aside, if we are really looking at body of work, why wouldn't we take their 2 seed?(not complaining about the 3, just bringing up a point) Imagine if we had 9 losses with the same resume? We'd without a doubt be lucky to be a 5.

If we had their same resume we'd probably be a 2 as well. Their SOS was pretty outrageous.

We matchup pretty well with Kansas. I didn't want to play them because of their NBA talent, but Embiid won't be 100% if we play them and New Mexico played them tough for 25 minutes in Kansas City in December, and could upset them with their height.

Kansas played the toughest schedule I have ever seen a college basketball team play this season. They are lucky their conference was signifcantly up this season and helped with that, but their non-conference schedule was crazy.

Duke-Chicago, @Florida, New Mexico-KC, San Diego State, @Colorado, Villanova-N, Wake-N, Georgetown. They are battled tested for sure. As they also played Oklahoma State x3, Iowa State x3, Oklahoma x2, Baylor x2, Texas x2, Kansas State x2, and WVU x2.

We matchup pretty well with Kansas. I didn't want to play them because of their NBA talent, but Embiid won't be 100% if we play them and New Mexico played them tough for 25 minutes in Kansas City in December, and could upset them with their height.

Kansas played the toughest schedule I have ever seen a college basketball team play this season. They are lucky their conference was signifcantly up this season and helped with that, but their non-conference schedule was crazy.

Duke-Chicago, @Florida, New Mexico-KC, San Diego State, @Colorado, Villanova-N, Wake-N, Georgetown. They are battled tested for sure. As they also played Oklahoma State x3, Iowa State x3, Oklahoma x2, Baylor x2, Texas x2, Kansas State x2, and WVU x2.

Man, it's impressive to see all those games lined up. Syracuse played a pretty good nonconference schedule this year, I thought. But the toughest game (probably Nova at the Dome) would be at best the fourth hardest game on that schedule - after @Florida, neutral Duke, neutral Nova - and probably actually the fifth (after @Colorado, with Dinwitty still playing). Then you've still got very good New Mexico and SD State teams, and at least dangerous Wake and Georgetown teams (both of which got a couple scalps this year). It's nuts.

Agree they're not an awful matchup assuming Embiid isn't back at 100 percent, which seems like a very good assumption. Wiggins could in theory be a zone killer, but with the large exception of Otto Porter last February, those types of do-everything swing men seem not to wreak as much havoc with the zone as they seem like they should on paper.

Lets just ignore the losses (not being sarcastic) under the philosophy that you shouldn't be punished for scheduling strong.
Best wins are: Duke, NewMex(semi-home), Gtown. Meh, I'd say our non-conf. compares favorably to that.
8-2 vs Ok St/ISU/OU/Baylor is pretty great, so I guess I have no issue w/ their seed.

Lets just ignore the losses (not being sarcastic) under the philosophy that you shouldn't be punished for scheduling strong.
Best wins are: Duke, NewMex(semi-home), Gtown. Meh, I'd say our non-conf. compares favorably to that.
8-2 vs Ok St/ISU/OU/Baylor is pretty great, so I guess I have no issue w/ their seed.
I agree we can beat them because they aren't a great shooting team. They would need Wiggins and Tharpe to be on from 3 pt range. I think Embiid not being 100% would help as well.

Would love to play Kansas.

Wiggins can try to out due Fair while Jerami Grant runs away with the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom