Why does JB think Jesse’s game doesn’t consist of back to the basket play? | Syracusefan.com

Why does JB think Jesse’s game doesn’t consist of back to the basket play?

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Mentioned in the presser that his game is in the PnR and slipping to the basket and not back to the basket. Sure, he did this very well last year, but also did some nice work with his back to the basket. His footwork seems off on his post moves right now. Not sure if it’s because of smaller opponents frustrating him, or what. We need him to be both. Have the assistants work with him on this instead of saying it’s not what he’s good at.

Mentioned in the presser that his game is in the PnR and slipping to the basket and not back to the basket. Sure, he did this very well last year, but also did some nice work with his back to the basket. His footwork seems off on his post moves right now. Not sure if it’s because of smaller opponents frustrating him, or what. We need him to be both. Have the assistants work with him on this instead of saying it’s not what he’s good at.

When I think of back-to-basket big men, I usually picture wider dudes who can back the defender down for a few dribbles. Jesse doesn’t have the strength to do that, which limits his post moves. He’d be shooting some kind of fadeaway or hook/push shot the majority of the time, which are probably low percentage for him.

When I think of back-to-basket big men, I usually picture wider dudes who can back the defender down for a few dribbles. Jesse doesn’t have the strength to do that, which limits his post moves. He’d be shooting some kind of fadeaway or hook/push shot the majority of the time, which are probably low percentage for him.
He did a good job when he posted up last season

His back to the basket game is limited in part because other than Girard, nobody seems to know how to throw an entry pass to a posted player.
Fair. I’m more getting at JB not ruining his confidence in his post play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom