Why does Phil Steele | Syracusefan.com

Why does Phil Steele

IHeartSUFball

All Conference
Hate on us.. Jerome smith not on his poll for best RB... I take this personal... His list has some random names like UB and WVU

He's always had something against Syracuse and not sure why. Picked us to finish dead last in the Big East for at least the past 3 years running which was after we had the look of a basement level team.

Best to just ignore and move on.

For a guy all about stats did he really think the wvu back is better than smith... List is absurd

Branden Oliver is good. He's already broken a lot of UB's rushing records and barring injury he'll have all of them before he's done.

Branden Oliver is good. He's already broken a lot of UB's rushing records and barring injury he'll have all of them before he's done.

Branden Oliver broke UB's all-time rushing record today, so I'd say Phil Steele knows what he's talking about.

Branden Oliver broke UB's all-time rushing record today, so I'd say Phil Steele knows what he's talking about.

Thats like saying you finished first in a fat kids marathon ... if Jim Brown, Ernie Davis or Joe Morris played at UB then I would take notice but how many good tailbacks have come through there honestly?

Thats like saying you finished first in a fat kids marathon ... if Jim Brown, Ernie Davis or Joe Morris played at UB then I would take notice but how many good tailbacks have come through there honestly?

Number of alums playing running back in the NFL:

UB: 1
SU: 0

Number of alums playing running back in the NFL:

UB: 1
SU: 0

LOL ... look at the history pal that is exactly what I meant ... so saying Oliver is good because he was on pace to break UBs record is fine .. but when you start putting him ahead of potential all conference players from BCS conferences then I think we need to think things through ... should I start naming the guys who have played RB in the NFL that came from SU ... it would take me quite a long long time.

Why did you dig this post up?

LOL ... look at the history pal that is exactly what I meant ... so saying Oliver is good because he was on pace to break UBs record is fine .. but when you start putting him ahead of potential all conference players from BCS conferences then I think we need to think things through ... should I start naming the guys who have played RB in the NFL that came from SU ... it would take me quite a long long time.

So because SU had good running backs 40 years ago, Branden Oliver can't be one of the better running backs in the country today. That makes a Hell of a lot of sense.

Steele has been and still is a Penn State guy; nothing impartial about anything her writes. Just ignore him.

So because SU had good running backs 40 years ago, Branden Oliver can't be one of the better running backs in the country today. That makes a Hell of a lot of sense.

No your premise that he is good is because he is setting a UB record ... my point .. big deal they haven't had a ton of RBs ... not too hard to understand. Now with SU's history if a guy like Smith was .. then that is saying something ... can you follow me now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom