why does triche take more shots than fair? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

why does triche take more shots than fair?

ignore this poll

• please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • and thank you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That's why we are 0-27. :crazy:

We are not 0-27 but we are not 27-0 either. You took my post as an insult to Boeheim. The truth is he allows a tremendous amount of freedom on offense. When guys are hitting shots that is great, when they are not you get Gtown. A fine line between not having a leash and not having control. If the PG's do not recognize we are not a 3 point shooting team and mid-range shots are our best offense it, especially through Fair, it is going to be yet another short March.

the shots are there if he wants them . . . but to his credit, he doesn't take bad shots. I would bet that CJ touches the ball on at least 50% of all half court possessions when he is in the game, but if he doesn't have an open jumper or an open lane to the basket, he moves it back out. Could he be more aggressive? Maybe a little, but the thing that really hampers him is his inability (or unwillingness) to go to his right. Everyone just sits on his left hand.

The fact is, for all his skills, CJ is still relatively easy to defend (and that is true of everyone on the team, btw). Take away CJ's left hand, crowd James on the perimeter, push the bigs off the blocks - then make the guards with the crooked shots try to beat you.

There is no savior on this team, nor is there any one guy you can point to and say "it's all his fault."

Of course, that's not going to stop this fan base from engaging in both practices.

I hate to use the comparison but James at times gets a little mookie - ish with his jacking up jumpers.

A great NBA comparison is CJ Miles...if any of you have ever watched him with the Cavs. Dude just comes in and lobs bombs from 29 feet, without thought. Southy would be in heaven if he could find this role somewhere.

Why can other teams work us inside out to get 3's...but all of our 3's seem to come without ever having gone inside first.
because keita would be the world's greatest volleyball player if you just told him to try to catch the other teams serves

There is no savior on this team, nor is there any one guy you can point to and say "it's all his fault."

Of course, that's not going to stop this fan base from engaging in both practices.

There is no one on this board that says it's all triche's fault, nor is there any one guy you can point to that says fair is the savior.

Of course, that's not going to stop you from pretending like the fan base engages in both practices

Why can other teams work us inside out to get 3's...but all of our 3's seem to come without ever having gone inside first.

There are not as many other teams successfully doing this as you think. With the way the officiating has gone to allow so much contact it is much more difficult to post up your man and be able to put a drop step move on him without getting hacked. Too often these fouls are not called. Early in the year DC2 got hit a lot with no call as he mistakenly brought the ball too far down. Sometimes going into the lane feels like I am watching water polo as there is so much slapping kicking and grabbing it just becomes part of the game. Bilas usually jumps on this in most games he does but it really is an epidemic. Add a defensive 3 seconds and get guys out of the lane - yes that might make the zone a tougher defense to use - but it should also not allow bigs on offense to sit there for 20 seconds with no call.

Because the defense doesn't have to worry about our inside game. We are a squid with no beak.

There is no one on this board that says it's all triche's fault, nor is there any one guy you can point to that says fair is the savior.

Of course, that's not going to stop you from pretending like the fan base engages in both practices

there are multiples of both examples, Pinocchio

I understand that you don't want to own it, but your implication was crystal clear

Triche is killing us.

I understand that you don't want to own it, but your implication was crystal clear
you are a really bad mind reader and you're very pompous. i don't beat around the bush about this stuff, for better or worse. I don't think triche is very good and I won't be sad to see him go but i don't blame him for everything.

more of the same tonight. someday they might try getting fair the most shots

more of the same tonight. someday they might try getting fair the most shots

Inexcusable Fair goes 12 minutes between shots. He's got to get in Triche and MCW's faces and demand the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom